***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I suppose it'd be too much to ask for this team to show up on a consistent basis. At least against Wisconsin we had decent defensive effort. Get Stull off the court for christ sake, he brings absolutely nothing. Also, Coffee should be absolutely embarrassed by how badly McQuaid has made him look on both ends of the floor.

If we're still looking for sponsors and contributors for the Athletes Village basketball complex, I'd suggest Coyle and Pitino hit up the International Brotherhood of Bricklayers. Seems like a natural. Some of these shots seem more like grenades.

This comment is right up there with this comment toward Alabama fans after losing to Clemson. “Somebody said Bama fans haven’t been this upset since the Brown vs Board of education decision.”

Good thing Ben Johnson disassociated himself from this mess!! Possibly can come back and be HC!

Didn't expect much today, and this is still pathetic and disappointing. Stull is beyond worthless. At least we established that. He should not see the court again.

Season and Pitino era on the line Wednesday. If we win, I give us a 50-60% chance of making the tournament. If we lose, 10%.

Before this game started, I considered how MSU was going to come out and how we've been shooting and decided not to pay much attention to this game. Not exactly the game for strident proclamations about the future of the program.

WTF is going on with this team/program?

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Ugh. This team is so poorly coached. They have no plan on offense. Also, why are Stull and Omersa playing? They provide literally nothing.

The seems more like a group of guys who play hoops and not a basketball team.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This has now reached embarrassing territory.

Could see this coming based solely on the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stull was a major miss. We were spoiled by the leadership and toughness of Akeem Springs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Before this game started, I considered how MSU was going to come out and how we've been shooting and decided not to pay much attention to this game. Not exactly the game for strident proclamations about the future of the program.
This

MSU program is above 99.5 percent of all D1 programs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gophers showing why they'll be playing in the NIT.

What is particularly sad is that this is not a very good MSU team IMO. They will get lit up in the NCAA tournament this year.

What is particularly sad is that this is not a very good MSU team IMO. They will get lit up in the NCAA tournament this year.
I'd go to Vegas with that logic

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Tip of the game: turn the game on the radio on your phone - its a little ahead so you know if you should watch the end of a possession or not.

Just a really average and uninspired performance today. I'm not gonna say we played horrendously because there have been some good moments(Oturu playing well, so is Gabe).

I didn't expect us to win this one, I am waiting til after the Nebraska game decide whether or not I think we make the tourney.

Last edited:

Dakich called it earlier in the game. Coffey is soft. His old man wasn't like that.

Gophers showing why they'll be playing in the NIT.

The "NIT" thing as an insult is so 1995. 1-2 B1G teams will make the NIT. If we win 10 B1G games we likely make the NCAA's. If we win 9, the NIT, and if we win 8 or less, nothing.

If you make the NIT you were a bubble team who just missed. It's not the "be just be one game over .500 from a major conference" anymore.

Look at the bright side, our two best players this game are freshmen.

Having a little trouble seeing where the points are coming from with this group -- Stockman, McBrayer, Still, Omersa, and Kalscheur. I hope at least the walk-ons get some garbage minutes by the end of the game. They deserve it, they show up every day at practice. Give them at least 5 or 6 minutes.

Tip of the game: turn the game on the radio on your phone - its a little ahead so you know if you should watch the end of a possession or not.

But how depressed is Tollackson? Is it tolerable?

Dakich called it earlier in the game. Coffey is soft. His old man wasn't like that.
It sad. I like Amir, but he seems lost, too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The same people worrying and wringing their hands over the thought of Coffey going pro after this year, are the same ones who worried about Rodney Williams doing the same. It doesn't take a trained eye to see Coffey does not have what it takes to make it in the NBA.

Gophers 3pt watch

7-40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom