***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MICHIGAN STATE IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Look at the bright side, our two best players this game are freshmen.

I don’t think that’s a good way to look at it. You’re passive aggressively saying Pitino’s players have gotten worse over the years. At least it could be interpreted that way.

We should play "is this your team's 3 point shooting or your coach's B1G record" :cry:
[emoji1787][emoji12][emoji2957][emoji1787][emoji1782][emoji1782]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

There was no way the Gophs would win this but this display is poor. Coffey has 2 points w/ 7 minutes to play. MSU's #44 has absolutely killed them and he's not that good.......... Gophs still can't make FT's, which is nothing new, of course. They can't/don't run an offense. Ugh

That last sequence said it all. Passing the ball around until late in the shot clock. Hurt getting it and passing off to Stull. Stull attempting (maybe faking) a drive and then passing it back to Hurt for a shot clock violation.

Coffey is so bad so much of the time. He's more frustrating than Ralph Sampson. Ralph always felt like he topped out in 4th gear and couldn't be bothered to give you 5th gear more than once per season. But at least he was fairly consistent. Coffey gives you 5th gear once every 5 games and second gear the other 4.

Coffey is so bad so much of the time. He's more frustrating than Ralph Sampson. Ralph always felt like he topped out in 4th gear and couldn't be bothered to give you 5th gear more than once per season. But at least he was fairly consistent. Coffey gives you 5th gear once every 5 games and second gear the other 4.

I'd call it 3rd gear............ and it's too bad. What's wrong w/ him?

That last sequence said it all. Passing the ball around until late in the shot clock. Hurt getting it and passing off to Stull. Stull attempting (maybe faking) a drive and then passing it back to Hurt for a shot clock violation.

How can this happen CONTINUALLY? It's not like they hide these shot clocks in the arena. Don't our guys know that these things are very conveniently located on top of the backboards?

Amir looks out of control because of frustration. What is he frustrated about,?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I don’t think that’s a good way to look at it. You’re passive aggressively saying Pitino’s players have gotten worse over the years. At least it could be interpreted that way.

NO

Is Coffey better or worse than he was as a frosh?
Murphy- is he better or worse than he was as a frosh?
McBrayer...well

Those two chicken littles for $3 might be the best part of watching this game.

We might be near last in the country in shooting percentages, but we've gotta be top ten in crazy bad haircuts.

So funny that other teams can shut down our "best" players (Coffey/Murphy) but we can never do that to anyone else.

NO

Is Coffey better or worse than he was as a frosh?
Murphy- is he better or worse than he was as a frosh?
McBrayer...well

Shouldn't almost everyone get better from their freshman year? Yes Murphy is. Coffey, somewhat but not enough. But a # of guys never got better. McBreyer. Konate. Hurt. etc.

How can this happen CONTINUALLY? It's not like they hide these shot clocks in the arena. Don't our guys know that these things are very conveniently located on top of the backboards?

consistent theme for the gophers this year. everybody too afraid to take a shot or make a mistake. nobody wants to make a play with the basketball

Dakich wanting the scrubs to score in a blowout........... lulz

Which coach was reasonable for this game plan? We have yet to change our offensive game plan to any team. Number one reason Pitino should not be our future coach. Go back to his initial introductory press conference. He promised an exciting brand of basketball and many adjustments. We have gotten nothing in six years.

Gopher 3pt watch

8-43

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always nice when the opposition puts the former team manager, or water boy on the floor at the end of the game for an easy bucket against us.

Last edited:

Which coach was reasonable for this game plan? We have yet to change our offensive game plan to any team. Number one reason Pitino should not be our future coach. Go back to his initial introductory press conference. He promised an exciting brand of basketball and many adjustments. We have gotten nothing in six years.

I don't think we should get rid of Pitino yet, but you can't really argue this. I like little Ritchie, but half the time they look lost out there.

The "NIT" thing as an insult is so 1995. 1-2 B1G teams will make the NIT. If we win 10 B1G games we likely make the NCAA's. If we win 9, the NIT, and if we win 8 or less, nothing.

If you make the NIT you were a bubble team who just missed. It's not the "be just be one game over .500 from a major conference" anymore.
N...I...T

Coach and team stunk today. Period. Win the next game.

Top Bottom