NCAA grants waiver allowing QB Justin Fields to play for Buckeyes in 2019

While I'm happy for Fields, this is absolutely insane as to the consistency of these waivers being granted to players.

Why can't we get these waivers and OSU can

The NCAA adjusted its policy last spring to make it easier for transferring athletes to find an immediate path to the playing field. The new rules state that a player can be granted a waiver to play right away if he can show "documented mitigation circumstances" that the change of schools was made to better impact his "health, safety and well-being."

I suspect everyone can now. We're seeing other teams getting them. This is more of a recent development where the NCAA has started accepting a lot of things.

It'll be interesting to see if Martell gets his waiver at Miami. My bet is he does not.

Fields sister took a sports scholarship offer at Georgia after all this happened. Couldn't have been too traumatic for the family if she decided to go to school there after all this happen.

Shocking. They need to cut the BS and just say every team gets one waiver to use on whoever they wish. That will even it out without opening the flood gates for transfers.

This is called regulatory capture in the private sector. Rules are created to shape certain industries to the benefit of certain interests, usually in the name of some nebulous well meaning cause

Top Bottom