Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pitino is talking like he hasn't heard a decision. Confusing story...

Quote Originally Posted by fair View Post
    With Brad's history, there's no question that he's a dirty player. But don't be naive and act like Wisconsin has any recent history to suggest that they're dirty as a program. I personally can't think of anything besides what Davison has done to lead to that conclusion.
    Was it Iowa or Wisconsin that stepped under Hollins? I didn't get the feeling Bo encouraged cheap play....thinking maybe Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by 60's Guy View Post
    Was it Iowa or Wisconsin that stepped under Hollins? I didn't get the feeling Bo encouraged cheap play....thinking maybe Iowa.
    Wiscons

Quote Originally Posted by salzie View Post
    Wiscons
    Maybe something there then....that was C-H-E-A-P.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GophersInIowa View Post
    WI fans seem to think it’s only Gophers fans that thought this was dirty. Reality is it’s only them that think it wasn’t.

Bomani Jones has a history of stoking the flame about “boring” Wisconsin basketball for twitter mentions. It’s a step in the right direction towards some national pub, though.

Quote Originally Posted by RickDornsby View Post
    Bomani Jones has a history of stoking the flame about “boring” Wisconsin basketball for twitter mentions. It’s a step in the right direction towards some national pub, though.
    Bomani and the whole Dan Lebatard show crew hate on Wisconsin regularly. Mostly because they’ve gotten beat by them regularly lately, but also cause they are slow and boring. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Winasota Gopher View Post
    Bomani and the whole Dan Lebatard show crew hate on Wisconsin regularly. Mostly because they’ve gotten beat by them regularly lately, but also cause they are slow and boring. I agree.
    Its called winning. With the types of players you can get at a Wisconsin. Kids don't get into too much trouble, Stay eligible, don't get suspended, fit the academic profile. You go ahead and try to make your team an NBA lite team though. I love looking down on the standings at Minnesota. But, you do play at a faster pace. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by fair View Post
    With Brad's history, there's no question that he's a dirty player. But don't be naive and act like Wisconsin has any recent history to suggest that they're dirty as a program. I personally can't think of anything besides what Davison has done to lead to that conclusion.
    Isn't the coaching staff responsible for its players on-court conduct? To me, the answer is unequivocally yes.

Maybe not recent history, but who was the WI doosh that stepped under Dre Hollins on a jumper and ruined his ankle? That garbage had being going on for years under the Grinch.
    Please consider donating to this site; especially if you are a frequent poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigeddysprings View Post
    Its called winning. With the types of players you can get at a Wisconsin. Kids don't get into too much trouble, Stay eligible, don't get suspended, fit the academic profile. You go ahead and try to make your team an NBA lite team though. I love looking down on the standings at Minnesota. But, you do play at a faster pace. LOL
    WI basketball saps the joy from the game. It's like a time capsule to the peach-basket basketball. I would rather seek an alternative formula for 100 years than to play that style. Joy and winning are not mutually exclusive. WI has a formula that keeps them as a recent approximate #25 team, playing a style that essentially is designed to bore the other team. If that is success to you, do enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigeddysprings View Post
    In a nut shell--why we think so many Wisconsin fans are pricks

Quote Originally Posted by benlaur View Post
    WI basketball saps the joy from the game. It's like a time capsule to the peach-basket basketball. I would rather seek an alternative formula for 100 years than to play that style. Joy and winning are not mutually exclusive. WI has a formula that keeps them as a recent approximate #25 team, playing a style that essentially is designed to bore the other team. If that is success to you, do enjoy.
    Want to finish ahead of them but i can assure you hoe they play has nothing to do with trying to bore the other team . All it is designed to do is beat you. To each his own. I enjoy watching teams work for good shots, not turn the ball over and play great defense. They have a top 20 nearly every year.

Another reason I hate WI basketball and their fans. Bo Ryan was an azzhole and it continues today. I’m hoping someone gives Davison a beat down.