Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bracketville, MN
    Posts
    20,999
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default 5 For The Tourney

    February means the at-large pool is starting to take shape. For the Gophers I think their task has become clear. ... Get to 5 wins over sure-fire NCAA Tournament teams, and they’ll be in tournament. They already have 3:

    vs. Washington
    @ Wisconsin
    Iowa

    They have 4 more opportunities in the regular season (@ MSU, Michigan, Purdue, @ Maryland) and perhaps a 5th (Indiana). Then there’s the Big Ten tourney, but let’s take care of it before then.


  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    February means the at-large pool is starting to take shape. For the Gophers I think their task has become clear. ... Get to 5 wins over sure-fire NCAA Tournament teams, and they’ll be in tournament. They already have 3:

    vs. Washington
    @ Wisconsin
    Iowa

    They have 4 more opportunities in the regular season (@ MSU, Michigan, Purdue, @ Maryland) and perhaps a 5th (Indiana). Then there’s the Big Ten tourney, but let’s take care of it before then.
    It's absolutely possible and wouldn't be a major surprise if we win two of the four. But, somehow when I add Indiana I'd be shocked if we won 3 of the 5. Sadly 0 and 5 seems achievable too and either that or 1 and 4 probably seems more likely..

    I'd be very pleased with 2 wins out of the four opportunities. Little bit scared, if Michigan truly is good and playing well, they'll want to prove to the world their one point win over us was a bad night for them by curb stomping us at the barn.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bracketville, MN
    Posts
    20,999
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I say Gophers get 2 of the 4 (Purdue, Maryland) + Indiana.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    I say Gophers get 2 of the 4 (Purdue, Maryland) + Indiana.
    If they get the four other ones (@Nebraska, Indiana, @Northwestern, @Rutgers) to finish at 10-10 but not any of the four you mentioned, does that get them in?
    Winasota Gopher now takes me seriously.....you should too.

  5. #5

    Default 5 For The Tourney

    I will say it’s probable the Gophers will need two B1G Tourney wins to get into the NCAA Tourney.

    Just don’t see them winning enough in the remaining conference games to get them there.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bracketville, MN
    Posts
    20,999
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golfing18now View Post
    If they get the four other ones (@Nebraska, Indiana, @Northwestern, @Rutgers) to finish at 10-10 but not any of the four you mentioned, does that get them in?
    I wouldn’t feel completely comfortable with those 4 specific wins. Part of it would be, how do Indiana and Nebraska finish?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •