5 For The Tourney

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
February means the at-large pool is starting to take shape. For the Gophers I think their task has become clear. ... Get to 5 wins over sure-fire NCAA Tournament teams, and they’ll be in tournament. They already have 3:

vs. Washington
@ Wisconsin
Iowa

They have 4 more opportunities in the regular season (@ MSU, Michigan, Purdue, @ Maryland) and perhaps a 5th (Indiana). Then there’s the Big Ten tourney, but let’s take care of it before then.

February means the at-large pool is starting to take shape. For the Gophers I think their task has become clear. ... Get to 5 wins over sure-fire NCAA Tournament teams, and they’ll be in tournament. They already have 3:

vs. Washington
@ Wisconsin
Iowa

They have 4 more opportunities in the regular season (@ MSU, Michigan, Purdue, @ Maryland) and perhaps a 5th (Indiana). Then there’s the Big Ten tourney, but let’s take care of it before then.

It's absolutely possible and wouldn't be a major surprise if we win two of the four. But, somehow when I add Indiana I'd be shocked if we won 3 of the 5. Sadly 0 and 5 seems achievable too and either that or 1 and 4 probably seems more likely..

I'd be very pleased with 2 wins out of the four opportunities. Little bit scared, if Michigan truly is good and playing well, they'll want to prove to the world their one point win over us was a bad night for them by curb stomping us at the barn.

I say Gophers get 2 of the 4 (Purdue, Maryland) + Indiana.

If they get the four other ones (@Nebraska, Indiana, @Northwestern, @Rutgers) to finish at 10-10 but not any of the four you mentioned, does that get them in?

I will say it’s probable the Gophers will need two B1G Tourney wins to get into the NCAA Tourney.

Just don’t see them winning enough in the remaining conference games to get them there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they get the four other ones (@Nebraska, Indiana, @Northwestern, @Rutgers) to finish at 10-10 but not any of the four you mentioned, does that get them in?

I wouldn’t feel completely comfortable with those 4 specific wins. Part of it would be, how do Indiana and Nebraska finish?

Top Bottom