Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Often it's dissuading you from voting for for the other guy/gal. I.E. I don't like Trump, but after seeing 300 "Hillary is Satan" ads, I just coudln't pull the trigger for her.
    Nope. Don’t buy it even for a nanosecond. They either just agree with your preconceived notions, or they’re ignored. Entirely worthless. It’s just part of the rigging of the game.

The campaign managers get kickbacks on the ads too!

AO-C isn't telling anyone anything they don't already know; she's just shining a light on the elephant in the room, which is the campaign funding / corruption problem, and framing it clearly. That's leadership. She's fearless and seems to be a natural-born leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    AO-C isn't telling anyone anything they don't already know; she's just shining a light on the elephant in the room, which is the campaign funding / corruption problem, and framing it clearly. That's leadership. She's fearless and seems to be a natural-born leader.

FOX NEWWWSSS

Quote Originally Posted by rowdaboat View Post
    She's hot and she's stupid, perfect combination for news coverage. She also speaks directly to the intelligence of all of the sheep that follow her
    Just like how Hillary was supposed to win the election? Don't believe everything you see on Fox News. It's similar to school shootings, the more and more news outlets focus on the aggressor, the higher chance there is for another sheep to follow. Stop giving her so much coverage otherwise you will continue to see her popularity rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    Leader? Maybe. But fearless? Yes. Good for her. And sometimes its good for those to state the obvious.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    FOX NEWWWSSS

Booker appears to be trying to Mitt Romeny his way to the nomination. Just tell me what you want me to say and I'll say it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Nope. Don’t buy it even for a nanosecond. They either just agree with your preconceived notions, or they’re ignored. Entirely worthless. It’s just part of the rigging of the game.

The campaign managers get kickbacks on the ads too!
    Campaign ads are a conspiracy. Drug companies are a conspiracy. Everything's a conspiracy!

How do they get the kick-backs? Are the TV stations in on it too?

The major networks weren't big fans of Trump because his on-air spend was minimal.

The 2016 election greatly shifted funds away from Television ads and was a big example of how having an effective (or at least wide) social media presence can eliminate your need to spend money on television ads.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

How do they get the kick-backs? Are the TV stations in on it too?
    Campaign managers get something like a finders fee for bringing the ad to that network. Don’t recall if that’s perfectly correct, but close enough.

Booker appears to be trying to Mitt Romeny his way to the nomination. Just tell me what you want me to say and I'll say it!
    Right, and he's determined that the way to do that is to emulate the 28 year old bartender that you keep telling me is unimportant and a Fox News creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    The major networks weren't big fans of Trump because his on-air spend was minimal.

The 2016 election greatly shifted funds away from Television ads and was a big example of how having an effective (or at least wide) social media presence can eliminate your need to spend money on television ads.
    If they aren’t spending big bucks on TV ads, they’ll be spending big bucks on advertising of some for at. The rigged game must stay rigged!! We mustn’t allow someone to become popular without paying dearly for it ... or else we could get someone in office who wasn’t “purchased”.

Blog Entries

Campaign managers get something like a finders fee for bringing the ad to that network. Don’t recall if that’s perfectly correct, but close enough.
    That could be the case in some instances, though I've never heard of it. It is not the case at the local level where most ads are bought.

That could be the case in some instances, though I've never heard of it. It is not the case at the local level where most ads are bought.
    No one was talking about that. We’re talking national elections.

Blog Entries

No one was talking about that. We’re talking national elections.
    And? Most TV advertising in national elections is done at the local level. You once again don't know what you're talking about. Quit while you're behind.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtenchamps1899 View Post
    levelheaded post, surprisingly.
    Well, mostly. But it’s not just “big corporations” as I’m sure you well know.

And from the list of the largest political contributors in the US, below, the Dems are kicking the GOP’s @ss in contributions. So AOC can spare me the ‘big corporation’ narrative.

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php?id=

Ultra wealthy individuals, PACs, and Unions are some of the biggest contributors, and most of them ARE NOT Republican.