Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Default This is why AOC gets attention

She might not be the brightest. She might not understand everything. But this gets attention.

"Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Fascinating.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Dumb as a fox!
    Last edited by Cruze; 02-08-2019 at 10:56 AM.

She nailed it.

All the Republicans (and half the Democrats) are saying to each other "Can someone just get her to be quiet".
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

The more hate she gets, the more I like her.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

I mean, no one there will work with her .... she won't get any important assignments, she won't "play the game" of a career DC politician.

But I think she's content to make some buzz, stir s___ up, piss people off, even if only one term. Good for her!

She is absolutely right up until the last part. There is a ton more focus on the President's activities than those of say Diane Feinstein or Nancy Pelosi or any of the Rs and Ds that have made themselves rich or much richer, depending upon the case, by being elected for "public service."

I love that you guys are embracing her. The clip you just showed is really good. But that is not at all why she gets attention. She gets attention because the far left agrees with her, she is good looking and she has no filter. She gets attention because the right knows that her views are bizarre for the most part (save for the clip shown here) and the right loves to give her attention because she makes a mockery out of the left. She gets attention because she is a darling of social media and the millenials. Her views are just incredibly dumb and I am thrilled about it because those views are the logical extension of the views I see from lefties here every day.

Her notoriety on the right is similar to how the left likes to augment the speech of a Klan member if they are for Trump. They think that a miniscule percentage of people supporting someone can be made to represent the whole if it is emphasized enough. The right does the same with AOC, but the trouble for you on the left is that she represents the BASE. That's going to be a problem for you.

The video is obviously heavily edited, she's not very polished, but she makes some solid points. Currently, big corporations control legislation by flooding both parties with money in the name of free speech.

"and i want to get away with as much bad things as possible." even when it is written for her she has a hard time saying it.

this is pure political theater. this entire "interaction" is scripted. anyone who allows this to stir any kind of emotion in them is being played.

i don't want money to be the deciding factor in elections. i also don't want politicians deciding who gets to donate their money to whom.

it's almost like money if the fatal flaw of democracy. some people allow themselves to be controlled by it, and other people don't exist.
    We have a philosophical difference on what constitutes a law

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherguy0723 View Post
    She nailed it.
    aren't you a lawyer? how did she nail it? every question that she asked was a leading question. don't you think there might be another side to these leading questions?

Quote Originally Posted by jamiche View Post
    The video is obviously heavily edited, she's not very polished, but she makes some solid points. Currently, big corporations control legislation by flooding both parties with money in the name of free speech.
    levelheaded post, surprisingly.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtenchamps1899 View Post
    aren't you a lawyer? how did she nail it? every question that she asked was a leading question. don't you think there might be another side to these leading questions?
    Depending on the when you're asking questions, you can absolutely ask leading questions.

She nailed it by correctly pointing out a large problem in an easily digestible manner for people.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiche View Post
    The sad part is that the system is rigged so that candidates think they have to raise money to win.

It’s all spent on TV ads, which are the biggest scam in history. People mute the TV or change the channel, they hate them so much. A TV ad has never caused a person to vote for someone, in if itself.

But everything thinks they have to run them to be a real candidate. SCAM