Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fmlizard View Post
    Yeah, I think Tim Brewster could walk in there out of the parking lot the day of the first game next year and win 10 games at OSU. Seriously. I think a rando picked off this board would win at least 7-8 as the head coach at Ohio State next year. Minimum. The assistants are still mostly in place.
    If it didn't hurt player confidence, I agree, he'll I think Joe Schmo could get to 10 (or more). Let the coordinators do their thing... there ya go.

Some programs just are ultra resilient if we're talking about just 1 year.
    Last edited by A_Slab_of_Bacon; 02-08-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    I don't think anyone is shaking things up at tOSU and we've seen plenty of coach's walk into a situation and even win a natty's with a previous coach's players.... and then demonstrate they have no chance of doing so otherwise.
    Mmmmm... let's see; they lost their head coach and their all-world QB. Those are two pretty important cogs in the Buckeye machine.

I think a preseason ranking of #3 in the nation is too high. That's where they finished last year, with Meyer at coach and Haskins throwing darts. But time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by stuck_in_scony_go4_fan View Post
    To be listed in the same area as Penn St, Miami Auburn when it comes to rankingsg.. I'll take that time and time again
    We took Penn State to overtime in Happy Valley in 2016. We can play with Penn State, especially with how much of a hit their roster has taken with early NFL leaves and transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by swingman View Post
    We took Penn State to overtime in Happy Valley in 2016. We can play with Penn State, especially with how much of a hit their roster has taken with early NFL leaves and transfers.
    Would it kill you to show PJ some respect just once?
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMurray View Post
    Mmmmm... let's see; they lost their head coach and their all-world QB. Those are two pretty important cogs in the Buckeye machine.

I think a preseason ranking of #3 in the nation is too high. That's where they finished last year, with Meyer at coach and Haskins throwing darts. But time will tell...
    tOSU has lost their QB before (not the same way) .... result was a natty IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    tOSU has lost their QB before (not the same way) .... result was a natty IIRC.
    I'm predicting that the loss of their coach and QB will cause them to drop off a bit; not precipitously, but down from Top 5 status.

Sounds like you may be predicting... what, a "natty"?

I'm predicting that the loss of their coach and QB will cause them to drop off a bit; not precipitously, but down from Top 5 status.

Sounds like you may be predicting... what, a "natty"?
    I'm saying it has happened.

I'd be surprised if OSU wasn't a top 5 program in the future with Day and Fields becoming immediately eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    I'd be surprised if OSU wasn't a top 5 program in the future with Day and Fields becoming immediately eligible.
    In the future? That covers a pretty wide time frame.

Yes, I agree; Ohio State will probably be a Top 5 team... in the future.

In the future? That covers a pretty wide time frame.

Yes, I agree; Ohio State will probably be a Top 5 team... in the future.
    Including next year.

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Including next year.
    There's where we disagree.

But you'll have lots of company in believing they'll be Top 5 in 2019. I'm sure I'm in the minority on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeshurun View Post
    Why is Iowa State ranked so high?
    I think kids recognize that Campbell is a good coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I follow college football closely. Iím a Gopher homer with a pessimistic slant. That said this upcoming year preseason #24... seems about right. Iím ALL IN for 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mediocre teams lose in excrutiating ways

Blog Entries

It is a swarm after the top 10. I really do not see Wisconsin and Iowa above us.
    Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    It is a swarm after the top 10. I really do not see Wisconsin and Iowa above us.
    A question for those in the know: did Iowa lose many players to graduation, NFL draft, etc.?