Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    Can you imagine my surprise when I noticed that the Lemonheads' album "Come On Feel The Lemonheads" had only a 3.5-star composite review on Amazon! That for what is one of my top five favorite records of the 1990s. It would be on my desert island list if I had to choose.

Evan Dando has a new release and is touring with Tommy Stinson (probably already knew that).

Default Criminally Underrated Albums

One of my favorite singer song writers was Grant Hart (of Husker Du, Nova Mob, and then solo).
    All post Husker stuff to me very good and underrated.
    I would say Good News for Modern Man is one of my favorites for sure. Recorded at Pachyderm studio with Grant laying down all the vocal and instrument tracks except for 1 guest guitar on one song.
    Looking forward to the future release of his Unabomber concept album about Ted K once the legal stuff is shook out.
    Last edited by WorkingMyTailOff; 02-11-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokomis View Post
    Yes! My favorite three sequential albums. You could even add Something Else to make it four.

I've always thought Breakfast in America by Supertramp is criminally underrated. Not compared to their other albums because those all suck, but compared to other albums of the era. A few years ago I bought a half dozen records off a guy at a flea market, including BiA and Rubber Soul. The guy says, "Rubber Soul is a great album; every song is really good." And I was like, "Yeah? That's how I feel about Breakfast in America." He kind of just looked at me and half chuckled, not sure if I was joking or not.

I'm also a big Elvis Costello fan. His early albums are obviously great (accurately rated I would say), but When I Was Cruel from early 2000's is fantastic. Full of quintessential EC spite and snark.
    You are alive!!
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Quote Originally Posted by tikited View Post
    You are alive!!
    Ha! Yeah... I still lurk on the FB and BB boards but dropped the OTB after Trump was elected, for the sake of my mental health. I checked in here to see if anyone was talking about Amy and noticed this thread. I had a feeling Costa might post something about The Kinks.

Quote Originally Posted by WorkingMyTailOff View Post
    Evan Dando has a new release and is touring with Tommy Stinson (probably already knew that).
    I did NOT know that!

I did NOT know that!
    The first ave show sold out within minutes though

Quote Originally Posted by Nokomis View Post
    Ha! Yeah... I still lurk on the FB and BB boards but dropped the OTB after Trump was elected, for the sake of my mental health. I checked in here to see if anyone was talking about Amy and noticed this thread. I had a feeling Costa might post something about The Kinks.
    And yet he skipped the Kinda Kinky show last December.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Blog Entries

Everything by the Cult.

Still rocking all these years later.

Listening to Edie right now.
    Kingdom Warriors

Blog Entries

They used to be these guys and long long time ago.

Kingdom Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    They used to be these guys and long long time ago.

Do U still wear skinny jeans
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

Quote Originally Posted by GoodasGold View Post
    Do U still wear skinny jeans
    He's that schlub in the Perkins commercials. Then he goes home and sits on the computer all day calling people dumb. Meaningful retirement funded by you and me.

Blog Entries

He's that schlub in the Perkins commercials. Then he goes home and sits on the computer all day calling people dumb. Meaningful retirement funded by you and me.
    I do wish there were not so many dumb people posting here that require that response You are a solid portion of that mother lode. Yes, you do waste a portion of my day. Smarten up a little bit, please.
    Kingdom Warriors

Wow. Just stumbled across this band Fanny. They were around in the late 60's early 70's. First all woman hard rock band to sign to a major label, 4 albums and a couple singles that charted. They toured with the Kinks, Slade, Jethro Tull and Humble Pie and somehow were largely forgotten. Here's what Bowie had to say about them. “They were one of the finest ****ing rock bands of their time. They were extraordinary: They wrote everything, they played like mother****ers, they were just colossal and wonderful, and nobody’s ever mentioned them. They’re as important as anybody else who’s ever been, ever; it just wasn’t their time.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcb1HpH42N8&t=637s

Quote Originally Posted by Frink View Post
    Wow. Just stumbled across this band Fanny. They were around in the late 60's early 70's. First all woman hard rock band to sign to a major label, 4 albums and a couple singles that charted. They toured with the Kinks, Slade, Jethro Tull and Humble Pie and somehow were largely forgotten. Here's what Bowie had to say about them. “They were one of the finest ****ing rock bands of their time. They were extraordinary: They wrote everything, they played like mother****ers, they were just colossal and wonderful, and nobody’s ever mentioned them. They’re as important as anybody else who’s ever been, ever; it just wasn’t their time.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcb1HpH42N8&t=637s
    I feel that they deserve a documentary done about them.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Pete Yorn is absolutely great. His debut Music for the Morning After was a stone cold classic.

https://youtu.be/_XwOeJW_9HU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk