Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thanks for the thread! For myself it would be Radiohead's 'Hail To The Thief'.

Can you imagine my surprise when I noticed that the Lemonheads' album "Come On Feel The Lemonheads" had only a 3.5-star composite review on Amazon! That for what is one of my top five favorite records of the 1990s. It would be on my desert island list if I had to choose.

Rush - Hemispheres

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Rush - Hemispheres
    So the maples formed a union
    And demanded equal rights
    'The oaks are just too greedy
    We will make them give us light'
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    For they passed a noble law
    And the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet,
    Axe,
    And saw

Quote Originally Posted by saintpaulguy View Post
    So the maples formed a union
    And demanded equal rights
    'The oaks are just too greedy
    We will make them give us light'
    Now there's no more oak oppression
    For they passed a noble law
    And the trees are all kept equal
    By hatchet,
    Axe,
    And saw
    Nice!

I've been on a kick with Cygnus-X1 Book 2 and my god is it brilliant even though the singing is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by tikited View Post
    "Radio Free Europe" from Murmer was recorded 38 years ago today. REM was/is my favorite non-classic rock band ever.
    +1,000,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    Can you imagine my surprise when I noticed that the Lemonheads' album "Come On Feel The Lemonheads" had only a 3.5-star composite review on Amazon! That for what is one of my top five favorite records of the 1990s. It would be on my desert island list if I had to choose.

Great choice!

"All About Chemistry" is Semisonic's criminally underrated album. In fact, I think it's the best of their three, and I'm not alone. They had Carole King!:

I didn't even know they had more albums other than Feeling Strangely Fine (which I own). Minnesota based band. I know that they are more well known for their songwriting, no? But thanks for the recommendation. I really like this song. I can't believe that I've never heard it before.

Quote Originally Posted by tikited View Post
    "Radio Free Europe" from Murmer was recorded 38 years ago today. REM was/is my favorite non-classic rock band ever.
    It's amazing what they were doing in the 80's. Way ahead of their time. If you listen to podcasts.....Adam Scott and Scott Aukerman have an R.E.M. podcast that's very funny. R U Talkin' R.E.M. RE:ME? Came after they did the same for U2. I never really got into U2 however. Love the song 'Bad' off of The Unforgettable Fire however.

https://www.earwolf.com/show/u-talkin-u2-to-me/
    Last edited by stocker08; 02-08-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Temple of the Dog

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    I didn't even know they had more albums other than Feeling Strangely Fine (which I own). Minnesota based band. I know that they are more well known for their songwriting, no? But thanks for the recommendation. I really like this song. I can't believe that I've never heard it before.
    They've done a couple First Avenue reunion shows where they've played the entirety of their first two albums respectively. Waiting for them to announce the show where they play this one!

They've done a couple First Avenue reunion shows where they've played the entirety of their first two albums respectively. Waiting for them to announce the show where they play this one!
    Great Divide was amazing. I went both nights.

Default Criminally Underrated Albums

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    It's amazing what they were doing in the 80's. Way ahead of their time. If you listen to podcasts.....Adam Scott and Scott Aukerman have an R.E.M. podcast that's very funny. R U Talkin' R.E.M. RE:ME? Came after they did the same for U2. I never really got into U2 however. Love the song 'Bad' off of The Unforgettable Fire however.

https://www.earwolf.com/show/u-talkin-u2-to-me/
    Iíve listened to every episode of that podcast and almost all the U2 ones. Itís great. Adam Scott is the man. The episodes where they actually have U2 on are brilliant. They need to get R.E.M. on, but I donít think thatís going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamsArenaGuy View Post
    Great Divide was amazing. I went both nights.

... and i could be mistaken - have they done a Feeling Strangely Fine show yet, or has that been just talk up to now? I lost track.

hard to quantify what is criminally underrated. for example, load was a number one record while the cliff burton albums are generally seen as better albums (and are definitely seen as the only metallica albums when it comes to metal). but i think it is undrrrated by most music fans.

travelers and thieves by blues traveller would by my submission for a criminally under appreciated albums.

throwing copper by live is generally underrated.
    Last edited by bigtenchamps1899; 02-09-2019 at 09:14 AM.
    We have a philosophical difference on what constitutes a law