Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Better recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by 60's Guy View Post
    We have guys who can shoot open shots and make them. We don't have an offense that creates these opportunities. We don't need a shooting coach...we need a better understanding of offense combined with a different offensive half court system to get better shot opportunities.
    I think we need better shooters- I fault Pitino for that. Go back and watch the tape of the Wisky game. We missed open shots. I counted about 5 bad shots- One force by Murph, a couple by McBrayer, one by Coffey and one by IW. Otherwise we got good looks and didn't hit. Compare the shots we had versus the three long threes by Trice, none of which were as open as most of our threes. Shot makers make the offense look better and...once you make them, it makes the offense run better.

I think he thought he solved it with Stull and Carr, but Carr couldn't play and Stull apparently didn't show up ready to play in good physical condition.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    I think we need better shooters- I fault Pitino for that. Go back and watch the tape of the Wisky game. We missed open shots. I counted about 5 bad shots- One force by Murph, a couple by McBrayer, one by Coffey and one by IW. Otherwise we got good looks and didn't hit. Compare the shots we had versus the three long threes by Trice, none of which were as open as most of our threes. Shot makers make the offense look better and...once you make them, it makes the offense run better.

I think he thought he solved it with Stull and Carr, but Carr couldn't play and Stull apparently didn't show up ready to play in good physical condition.
    We need to recruit kids who can shoot as well as much better shot selection. Both are contributing to too many years of poor shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by 60's Guy View Post
    We have guys who can shoot open shots and make them. We don't have an offense that creates these opportunities. We don't need a shooting coach...we need a better understanding of offense combined with a different offensive half court system to get better shot opportunities.
    Disagree. We have very few good shooters. We habitually miss open shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk