Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Positives

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default Positives

I really get tired of reading all the negative posts... "what ifs", "fire coach", "need better players", "can't shoot" ect…… (I get it)

Positives

Defense has been and is pretty good

I believe Pitino coaches defense too...Hmmm

Oturo is gonna be REALLY good!

Gabe will be a go to player in the future

Please add more!

I like that Gabe seems to be trying harder to pick up where teammates have been lacking. He was hesitant to do so earlier in the season.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherbbdude View Post
    I really get tired of reading all the negative posts... "what ifs", "fire coach", "need better players", "can't shoot" ect…… (I get it)

Positives

Defense has been and is pretty good

I believe Pitino coaches defense too...Hmmm

Oturo is gonna be REALLY good!

Gabe will be a go to player in the future

Please add more!
    Would you be able to tell me the defensive ranking for Minnesota in the Big 10?

Hint.........look toward the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldteam View Post
    That's like saying if McBrayer shoots 30% his next two games, he's improving.

What is our ranking in the Big 10?
    Get a life. Seriously. Your entire existence is coming on here after Gopher losses. That's it.

Go see a movie. Try talking to a real human. Read a book. Learn to cook. Travel somewhere. Take up painting.

So much out there. But you're just focused on being the worst person on a message board. You're killing it at that, but selling yourself way short

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post
    But you're just focused on being the worst person on a message board.
    That's in the eye of the beholder. I say there's significant competition for that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by cjbfbp View Post
    That's in the eye of the beholder. I say there's significant competition for that spot.
    Hahaha. Nice

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post
    Realize youre right? We have 8 games left in the regular season. Neither of the last two losses - to the two hottest teams in the league - were a surprise. I still feel very confident we'll make the tourney and win a game.
    I agree.

You forgot to mention:

Coffey doesn't look good enough to go pro yet.

in your list of positives.

Dropped this in another thread but I think this applies to the positives as well. Oturu is having a really nice season. Comparison to a few other notable freshman centers.

Oturu is having a much better season as a freshman than Przybilla did. Added Humphries for fun.

Oturu:10.7pts, 7.5 rebounds, 58.5% FG on 7.2 shots per game. 1.7 blocks, 64% FT, 58.5% EFG in 22.8 minutes per game.

Przybilla: 6.7pts, 5.8 rebounds, 56% FG on 5 shots per game. 3 blocks, ~58% FT, 59.1% EFG in 25.5 minutes per game.

Humphries: 21.7pts, 10.1 rebounds, 44.4% FG on 17.2 shots per game. 1.1 blocks (.7 assists...), ~74% FT, 46.1% EFG in 34.1 minutes per game.

Solid returning group if there's a coaching change. Won't be a total rebuild.
    Please consider donating to this site; especially if you are a frequent poster.

Quote Originally Posted by LesBolstad View Post
    ++

Quote Originally Posted by LesBolstad View Post
    See previous post.
    Please consider donating to this site; especially if you are a frequent poster.

No situation is 100% negative. And I don't think anyone is saying that Pitino is an absolute failure as a coach.

The question, as I see it, is similar to the discussions on the FB board:

"Is the current coach the right coach to elevate the program to a higher level of competition?"

And that all hinges on whether you believe Pitino has more upside - or if this is as good as it's going to get.

I think this could be one of those deals where it depends on the age of the fan/poster.

Some of us remember the good teams under Dutcher and Clem and the current team doesn't look as good by comparison. Others have a shorter time-span in which to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    I think this could be one of those deals where it depends on the age of the fan/poster.

Some of us remember the good teams under Dutcher and Clem and the current team doesn't look as good by comparison. Others have a shorter time-span in which to compare.
    Not only that, older people have less time left to waste watching disappointing seasons so they're bound to be a little less patient.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjbfbp View Post
    Not only that, older people have less time left to waste watching disappointing seasons so they're bound to be a little less patient.
    I would think the reverse would be true as well.

Old is relative :-)