Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Positives

Quote Originally Posted by cjbfbp View Post
    No. Old is old. It's not how you feel. It's not how you think. It's how many expected years you have left. If you have 30 years behind you and 50 expected years ahead of you, you are young and have lots of time left. If you have 60 years behind you and 20 expected years ahead of you, you don't have so much time left.
    Thank you for clarifying old wise one

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goldteam View Post
    That's like saying if McBrayer shoots 30% his next two games, he's improving.

What is our ranking in the Big 10?
    Get a life. Seriously. Your entire existence is coming on here after Gopher losses. That's it.

Go see a movie. Try talking to a real human. Read a book. Learn to cook. Travel somewhere. Take up painting.

So much out there. But you're just focused on being the worst person on a message board. You're killing it at that, but selling yourself way short

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post
    But you're just focused on being the worst person on a message board.
    That's in the eye of the beholder. I say there's significant competition for that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by cjbfbp View Post
    That's in the eye of the beholder. I say there's significant competition for that spot.
    Hahaha. Nice

5. Default

Back on topic.

Much improved FT shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by WriterGoph View Post
    Realize youre right? We have 8 games left in the regular season. Neither of the last two losses - to the two hottest teams in the league - were a surprise. I still feel very confident we'll make the tourney and win a game.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophs24 View Post
    the 3 TBA's are huge I agree!
    best case....
    Grad transfer PF who can shoot the 3 and battle with Curry for the starting PF spot
    Grad transfer C who can back up Oturu

SF freshman
    this would allow us to have 4 open scholarships for the 2020 class

ok with
    Grad transfer PF/C type to add to the mix
    Skogman/Ihnen freshman PF either of whom seem to be the stretch 4 type
    SF Freshman
    this would still give us 3 open spots for the 2020 class.
    I can't remember the last time the Gophers got a grad transfer big man that was good enough to play, I wouldn't count on it.

Another positive. Nobody got injured from Davison's cheap shots. That alone should be enough to take away the sting.

Quote Originally Posted by jovs View Post
    I can't remember the last time the Gophers got a grad transfer big man that was good enough to play, I wouldn't count on it.
    Jerry Holeman in 2001/2002.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Another positive. IW is starting to come into his own and give good minutes. I would have ZERO problem putting him in the starting lineup and having McBrayer sit. He just is not the same player this year. If that has to
    do with his mom or not, who knows. But he isn't doing much good for us out there right now.

I know the thread is supposed to about positives. Just wanted to offer this thought -

the perspective for next year's team also hinges to some extent on Curry. I think I expected him to be further along in his recovery. I'm starting to think that his injury was far more extensive than I realized, and he has a much longer road back than I expected.

As far as next year - IF Curry plays like he did his FR season, then there is more reason for optimism. IF Curry plays like he has this year, it changes the equation. I think he can still be a productive role player, but if he doesn't show more improvement, I'm not sure you can count on him to be a cornerstone of the team going forward.

The 'ol Gopher luck just keeps going.

OTURU!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

One positive is that nobody should every again claim that more stull is the answer

Quote Originally Posted by short ornery norwegian View Post
    I know the thread is supposed to about positives. Just wanted to offer this thought -

the perspective for next year's team also hinges to some extent on Curry. I think I expected him to be further along in his recovery. I'm starting to think that his injury was far more extensive than I realized, and he has a much longer road back than I expected.

As far as next year - IF Curry plays like he did his FR season, then there is more reason for optimism. IF Curry plays like he has this year, it changes the equation. I think he can still be a productive role player, but if he doesn't show more improvement, I'm not sure you can count on him to be a cornerstone of the team going forward.

The 'ol Gopher luck just keeps going.
    People have curry’s Freshman season very overrated in the minds.
    His stat line is pretty similar to his freshman season with the exception of 2-3 breakout games. If he has 2-3 big games in the last 8, his stats will be better than they were his freshman year.

Well, there's always next season....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "The significant problems we face can not be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein