Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I don’t know why everyone is so interested in Williams redshirting. The odds that Smith and Brooks are healthy all season is slim.

We redshirted Edmonds and have 2-3 backs coming in. Plus we’ll bring in someone else this year. A redshirt for Williams really isn’t that important.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if Fleck never released that info. He tries to release as little info as humanly possible.
    You can’t release any info on an injury without permission. Your dope-slip is showing.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    You can’t release any info on an injury without permission. Your dope-slip is showing.
    This article doesn't really get into the legality of it, but it certainly implies there's no legal barrier to it. In fact, the Big Ten is leading the way in asking for teams to be required to disclose injuries.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ort-rules-ncaa

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    This article doesn't really get into the legality of it, but it certainly implies there's no legal barrier to it. In fact, the Big Ten is leading the way in asking for teams to be required to disclose injuries.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ort-rules-ncaa
    So the dopes that bet on games have more ammunition. Not a great stand to make, Big Ten. The business model is already gross. Don’t make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    I don’t know why everyone is so interested in Williams redshirting. The odds that Smith and Brooks are healthy all season is slim.

We redshirted Edmonds and have 2-3 backs coming in. Plus we’ll bring in someone else this year. A redshirt for Williams really isn’t that important.
    Why wouldn't you use it though? He gets four games-which will be needed at some point but there is a chance one of Brooks/Smith will make it through the whole season. Play him more if season ending injuries happen but capitalize on the red shirt if possible.
    Aloha Mr. Hand

Quote Originally Posted by tikited View Post
    Why wouldn't you use it though? He gets four games-which will be needed at some point but there is a chance one of Brooks/Smith will make it through the whole season. Play him more if season ending injuries happen but capitalize on the red shirt if possible.
    Exactly

Does anyone read Sid with a straight face anymore? It has been years for me. Now, the only stuff related to him that I see are either headlines for his column in the paper, or occasional columns linked here, like this one. I think I recently saw a headline he is convinced the young interim Saunders with no previous head coaching experience is the T-Wolves coach of the future just as the team goes into an ugly nosedive and losing streak.

Brooks was fun to watch vs Hoosiers. Pulling for him to get a chance to show out.

Rodney is already high up in the all-time Gopher record books at 7th, but could end up behind only Darrell with a 1,000 yards. Seems like a class act all around.

A guy isn’t “healthy” 3-4 months after an ACL tear. Sid should say their rehab is going well.

I would bet a million dollars that neither does anything this spring. There would be no point.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingGopher View Post
    A guy isn’t “healthy” 3-4 months after an ACL tear.
    When and where did you see the diagnosis of an ACL tear? Link?

Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post

Why wouldn't you redshirt him? You have Smith, Brooks, and Mo coming back who are proven running backs when healthy. Nolan Edmonds was our highest rated running back for the class of 2018 so P.J. decided to redshirt him, he will see playing time. In addition, we have a couple additional freshman running backs for 2019. I would let Williams play in 4 games, unless we experience a plethora of injuries at RB, and save an extra year of his eligibility for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    When and where did you see the diagnosis of an ACL tear? Link?
    Well, if they talk about it enough isn't it real?
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Blog Entries

Mo should be the number 1 guy by far... Smith #2a Brooks #2b and Edmunds#3.

I’d have Brooks, Smith, Mo, Williams. All three have been injury prone at one time or another so it’s an open guess on how many snaps each will get. I’m excited to watch Brooks one more time behind an improving line and the benefit of a viable passing attack. It’s going to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingGopher View Post
    A guy isn’t “healthy” 3-4 months after an ACL tear. Sid should say their rehab is going well.

I would bet a million dollars that neither does anything this spring. There would be no point.
    Just checking back in - do you have that link yet? I looked on Google, Bing, Yahoo!, Metacrawler, Lycos, AskJeeves, LexisNexis, the U of M Biomedical Library, and my magic 8 ball, and none of them said anything about an ACL tear. Any information you can share would be appreciated.