Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58
  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Yep, you see commercials on TV pushing pills of MS, oncology, etc. all the time. Those are the big sellers!

    That type of research easily can -- and should be -- left up to universities, funded by grants from the NIH.
    I've worked in pharma and med device for over 20 years. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

    Humira is a complex biologic for rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's and other complex diseases. It's the highest selling drug on the market at well over $15 billion per year.


  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Come on now. You really believe that big pharma, with the gobs of money they spend for politician control, aren’t actively trying to reduce NIH funding for new drugs??? Please
    You're such a f7cking moron. NIH grants often go to Big Pharma...

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    I've worked in pharma and med device for over 20 years. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

    Humira is a complex biologic for rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's and other complex diseases. It's the highest selling drug on the market at well over $15 billion per year.
    Not going to take any time or effort to see for myself if you’re telling the truth here. Doesn’t matter because there are obviously a handful of modern examples where big pharma did bring a drug to market that reasonably “helps” a significant number of people and with reasonably “few” side effects.

    You could’ve well just cited Viagra.


    Nevertheless, the more important point overall, and the specific focus of this thread, is the unfair pricing of drugs. You quoted revenue of a drug but not its price, which is telling.

    Big pharma, in cahoots with big health insurance, are shielding people from the true price of drugs, unless you’re unlucky enough for the drug not to be covered or you get dropped, and bilking the economy for profit. Anything putting an end to that, is a good thing!

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    NIH grants often go to Big Pharma...
    Likely you’re not being fully honest about the wording here, on technicality, etc. But have no will to spend any effort to check it.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Likely you’re not being fully honest about the wording here, on technicality, etc. But have no will to spend any effort to check it.
    Your efforts to not be informed or intelligent are recognized and noted.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    30,954
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Likely you’re not being fully honest about the wording here, on technicality, etc. But have no will to spend any effort to check it.
    You pretty obviously don't know what you're talking about on this issue. If you don't want to learn more, than at least move on and stop being foolish.

  7. #37

    Default

    I can learn and admit being wrong — that’s nothing. Just not going to waste a single iota of my time researching. If I know it off the top of my head, great. If not, if I can at least reason about an argument that sounds right, I’ll do that too. Don’t much care if they’re right or or wrong, if hey spark conversation. That’s the literal only purpose for the board. No one in the real world gives a damn who “won” a discussion on here. No medals will be handed out.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    I can learn and admit being wrong — that’s nothing. Just not going to waste a single iota of my time researching. If I know it off the top of my head, great. If not, if I can at least reason about an argument that sounds right, I’ll do that too. Don’t much care if they’re right or or wrong, if hey spark conversation. That’s the literal only purpose for the board. No one in the real world gives a damn who “won” a discussion on here. No medals will be handed out.
    So you admit that you don't know anything, but you think you can reason in your mind what is actually happening with regards to drug development and pricing.

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Likely you’re not being fully honest about the wording here, on technicality, etc. But have no will to spend any effort to check it.
    LOL.... who else would NIH grants go to? Meth dealers?

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    So you admit that you don't know anything, but you think you can reason in your mind what is actually happening with regards to drug development and pricing.
    Doesn’t matter. If it provokes good discussion, great. No one cares about this board anyway. So no need to pretend like there is some honor in only posting exactly perfect information on only subjects that you’ve researched for 30 years.

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    LOL.... who else would NIH grants go to?
    They’re supposed to go to researchers at universities and hospitals.

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Not going to take any time or effort to see for myself if you’re telling the truth here. Doesn’t matter because there are obviously a handful of modern examples where big pharma did bring a drug to market that reasonably “helps” a significant number of people and with reasonably “few” side effects.

    You could’ve well just cited Viagra.


    Nevertheless, the more important point overall, and the specific focus of this thread, is the unfair pricing of drugs. You quoted revenue of a drug but not its price, which is telling.

    Big pharma, in cahoots with big health insurance, are shielding people from the true price of drugs, unless you’re unlucky enough for the drug not to be covered or you get dropped, and bilking the economy for profit. Anything putting an end to that, is a good thing!
    Viagra is a small molecule drug, not a biologic. But I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference.

  13. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    They’re supposed to go to researchers at universities and hospitals.
    hahahaha... you really have no clue.

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Viagra is a small molecule drug, not a biologic. But I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference.
    Your deflection is noted. I will indeed sleep well knowing you have no counter-argument on the actual discussion. Deflect deflect deflect, ignore ignore ignore.

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    hahahaha... you really have no clue.
    Not sure why you’re happy about being wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •