Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Again: "negotiation" only works if either side is ABLE and WILLING to walk away. So by all means, negotiate. We'd like your $500 drug to be $400. No. Next step? Either Medicare recipients don't get the drug, or?

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    So are you saying that you favor Pelosi’s approach?

When you talk to your wife, do you show her tweets of what someone else said or do you have your own thoughts that you state directly?

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    So are you saying that you favor Pelosi’s approach?

When you talk to your wife, do you show her tweets of what someone else said or do you have your own thoughts that you state directly?
    Section2 asked what happened when the drug companies refused to negotiate. It's right there in the article.

Thank you. So not a negotiation. Government force. Why lie Nancy?

Section2 asked what happened when the drug companies refused to negotiate. It's right there in the article.
    I didn't read the article. And you are using misleading language as well. Drug companies won't "refuse to negotiate". They might "refuse to do what the government wants."

Thank you. So not a negotiation. Government force. Why lie Nancy?
    Good. Government forces is absolutely required in this area. I welcome it.

I feel that, too much profit, making too many people too rich, happens in the drug making business.

(Note: "too" is of course subjective)

I didn't read the article. And you are using misleading language as well. Drug companies won't "refuse to negotiate". They might "refuse to do what the government wants."
    It says negotiate in good faith.

Good faith is somewhat subjective, but I don't think they're going to be splitting hairs. I think they (the government) will accept incremental improvement, as long as the drug companies are willing to give at least an inch. Stonewalling, pretending they don't have to give anything, etc. will bring the hammer, which I think is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by MnplsGopher View Post
    Good. Government forces is absolutely required in this area. I welcome it.

I feel that, too much profit, making too many people too rich, happens in the drug making business.

(Note: "too" is of course subjective)
    There is too much profit. Perhaps the government should cease giving drug companies monopolies. No need for more force, when the initial problem is force.
    Of course, new force will come with all kinds of new problems, and probably won't solve the initial problem. And then on to the next fix. That's why we have the health care system we have today.

It says negotiate in good faith.

Good faith is somewhat subjective, but I don't think they're going to be splitting hairs. I think they (the government) will accept incremental improvement, as long as the drug companies are willing to give at least an inch. Stonewalling, pretending they don't have to give anything, etc. will bring the hammer, which I think is correct.
    Good faith isn't "somewhat" subjective, it's 100% subjective. The most important market mechanism is the free price system.

Good faith isn't "somewhat" subjective, it's 100% subjective. The most important market mechanism is the free price system.
    It is subjective, my point is that I don't think the Gov. is looking to bring the hammer down. Rather, they're looking for the drug companies to give an inch, as opposed to stonewalling.

It is subjective, my point is that I don't think the Gov. is looking to bring the hammer down. Rather, they're looking for the drug companies to give an inch, as opposed to stonewalling.
    A penalty of 75% of sales (not profits) is about as large of a hammer as you can wield. You will do what the government says or else.

A penalty of 75% of sales (not profits) is about as large of a hammer as you can wield. You will do what the government says or else.
    It is a big hammer, but I think they don't want to use it. They just want the threat of it to force the companies to do something more than nothing.

It is a big hammer, but I think they don't want to use it.
    Of course not. They just want to slow the rate of drug price inflation a percentage point. And now you're on ignore like G4L.

What the hell is Mnpls anyway?
    Who hates iowa?