Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default New Bill to promote competition in drug prices

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...bill/6505/text

Allows Medicare to negotiate directly with drug companies on drug prices. CORRECT

If drug companies won’t negotiate in good faith, it allows the govt to take their IP and give it to a generic drug maker to make a generic version just for Medicare. CORRECT

*BIG* middle finger in the air to these greedy b___ards!

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post

Allows Medicare to negotiate directly with drug companies on drug prices. CORRECT

If drug companies won’t negotiate in good faith, it allows the govt to take their IP and give it to a generic drug maker to make a generic version just for Medicare. CORRECT

Looks similar to what Trump discussed in SOTU so we might have some bi partisan legislation for a change. Trump proposed this: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/05/h...ates-sotu.html

I have not dug into how the ideas differ if at all.

I would also like to see the pharmaceutical companies be required to offer the United States the best price offered to other developed nations for the same drug or the generic version of it. That would level the playing field with the nationalized health care countries that are taking advantage of us and artificially lowering their own cost at our expense. If the drug companies are willing to sell to underdeveloped countries at even lower prices I have no problem with that. Let's call it charity. As it is today, we pay for the world's pharmaceuticals and people falsely claim that universal health insurance lowers cost.

The give back to this provision would be reforming the tort liability laws to cap these ridiculous class action law suits that benefit the lawyers and blow up the cost structure.

Reduce the time to market for FDA approval
    Right to try was a good step
    Tort reform
    Price parity

Not really a "negotiation" is it. I also like the "good faith" part.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    I would also like to see the pharmaceutical companies be required to offer the United States the best price offered to other developed nations for the same drug or the generic version of it.
    More regulation if BGA likes it, otherwise regulation is evil.

Something has to be done. A real crisis unlike the fake crises Trump and his followers continually spew fake news about.
    Who hates iowa?

Apparently, you’re in favor of unlimited government power with your last comments.

The bolded is a concern for me. Agree with S2’s “good faith” post. Who defines that?

I think a better way to address drug prices for Medicare would be to expect pharma companies to charge no more than the lowest price that a company gives to negotiated/fixed drug prices for foreign countries. At least there’s some rational expectation for fairness.

Fairness?? In drug pricing?? Price gouging. Profiteering.

That will really motivate the pharm companies to spend on research and better treatments

Fairness?? In drug pricing?? Price gouging. Profiteering.
    You don’t know sh!t about drug pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by theczar View Post
    That will really motivate the pharm companies to spend on research and better treatments
    It's either that or they stop making money all together and fail as a company so yeah I'm sure their motivation will be just fine.
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    More regulation if BGA likes it, otherwise regulation is evil.
    Were you aiming that at S2? I know that you have developed yourself some S2DS. I am for less regulations- sensible ones.

Care to comment on the idea or just taking pot shots?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    Apparently, you’re in favor of unlimited government power with your last comments.

The bolded is a concern for me. Agree with S2’s “good faith” post. Who defines that?

I think a better way to address drug prices for Medicare would be to expect pharma companies to charge no more than the lowest price that a company gives to negotiated/fixed drug prices for foreign countries. At least there’s some rational expectation for fairness.
    What you describe would clearly be negotiating in good faith. It's a legal term in many contracts, not some open-ended unknowable thing.

Quote Originally Posted by theczar View Post
    Throw some molecules in a pill, see if they have some kind of effect that’s marketable, then cram it through approvals. Deal with side effects later.

I think we can pass on those “treatments”.

Throw some molecules in a pill, see if they have some kind of effect that’s marketable, then cram it through approvals. Deal with side effects later.

I think we can pass on those “treatments”.
    You don’t know sh!t about pharmaceutical R&D

Greedy? Just because you don’t like their pricing? These companies have an obligation to maximize returns for their shareholders..... just like all publicly traded companies do.