Monday-Sunday, Gophers haven't had a losing week since the New Year

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
That gets put to the test this week. I'd argue this is the Gophers' toughest week of the season, and that splitting would significantly increase their margin for error (for at-large bid). If you end up squarely on the bubble and you're sitting there with a sweep of Wisconsin or a win @ Michigan State, I like your chances to get selected.

Jan. 1-6: 1-0

Jan. 7-13: 1-1

Jan. 14-20: 1-1

Jan. 21-27: 1-1

Jan. 28-Feb. 3: 1-1

Feb. 4-10: ????????

Just imagine what a 2-0 week would do.

Last edited:

NOOOOO!

This thread reminds me of the 1998 Vikings! "Anderson hasn't missed a field goal all year!" "And the kick is wide right!

Hodger, good post, this is an important point.

The key to a good season is to minimize losing streaks or don't allow them to happen at all. The key to a great season is to rattle off 5-7 consecutive wins. We don't know if we can do the latter, but the former has been held in check. Tonight's game is critical for many reasons.

Go Gophers!!

NOOOOO!

This thread reminds me of the 1998 Vikings! "Anderson hasn't missed a field goal all year!" "And the kick is wide right!

Don't be paralyzed by the fear of winning. Why not think 2-0 this week? Gophers have already proven they can beat Wisconsin (on their home floor, at their own game, no less, a slog-fest), and Sparty is looking vulnerable at this point in time.

Don't be paralyzed by the fear of winning. Why not think 2-0 this week? Gophers have already proven they can beat Wisconsin (on their home floor, at their own game, no less, a slog-fest), and Sparty is looking vulnerable at this point in time.

I like the way you think!

2-1*

NOOOOO!

Not that I want to be overly reminded of that awful day, but didn't Anderson miss wide left?

Not that I want to be overly reminded of that awful day, but didn't Anderson miss wide left?

Yes, just like Blair Walsh. Maybe Otis was so drunk he didn't know right from left in 1998?

Hodger, good post, this is an important point.

The key to a great season is to rattle off 5-7 consecutive wins. We don't know if we can do the latter, but the former has been held in check. Tonight's game is critical for many reasons.

Go Gophers!!

With the remaining schedule, winning 5 games period would be a major accomplishment.

Yes, just like Blair Walsh. Maybe Otis was so drunk he didn't know right from left in 1998?

Since I threw my drink at the TV while the ball was clearly sailing outside the post, I never actually saw the finish.

Top Bottom