Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nine students ages 5-9 taken to hospital after eating marijuana gummy bears

per Fox 8 Cleveland:

Emergency crews responded to a school on Cleveland's east side Monday afternoon.

About 14 students at Anton Grdina School were given marijuana gummy bears, the Cleveland Division of Police said.

Paramedics took nine children who were complaining of illness to Rainbow Babies And Children's Hospital, according to police. They ranged in age from 5 to 9 and are listed in stable condition.

The parents of the five other students declined going to the hospital.

A Cleveland Metropolitan School District spokeswoman said three students were handing out the candy at lunch when some of the aides noticed the odd wrapper. The children said they got the gummy bears from home.

"Although we have not yet received a report on the suspicious candy, the principal used the opportunity to remind parents and caregivers of the importance of keeping medicines and other items that may be harmful to children locked up to ensure the safety of all students," CMSD said in a statement.

Anton Grdina is a pre-kindergarten through eighth grade school on East 71st Street.

https://fox8.com/2019/02/04/live-vid...a-gummy-bears/

Go Gophers!!

One positive about broader legalization would be prohibition against putting THC into a form that looks appealing to children.

Parents need to be more careful.
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    One positive about broader legalization would be prohibition against putting THC into a form that looks appealing to children.
    You really should check out what is happening in California. Fruity drink flavors, gummy worms, candy bars, they put THC in everything, and it keeps growing. And in pretty strong potencies. Many 12 oz sodas contain 10mg of THC--for a casual user, that puts you in pretty messed up land with one can.

Yay! More regulation!

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Yay! More regulation!
    Yay! More kindergarteners getting high! I say that we should let 2 year olds vote, and tote guns, and drive cars! Less regulation is always good!

Yay! More kindergarteners getting high! I say that we should let 2 year olds vote, and tote guns, and drive cars! Less regulation is always good!
    utopia is just around the corner! Kids bringing weed to school? Clearly this because there wasn't a regulation against it!

I agree with Section2 here. The way to combat this is with prosecution of the parents for negligence/child endangerment.

utopia is just around the corner! Kids bringing weed to school? Clearly this because there wasn't a regulation against it!
    We should make all medicine in gummi bear form and just rely on good parenting.

Let's not sell marijuana candy. We can legalize it in a better way.

Blog Entries

The Libertarian party would absolutely allow them to drive and have guns. Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    The Libertarian party would absolutely allow them to drive and have guns. Freedom!
    Making THC candy illegal would reduce GDP growth by 900 basis points over 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopherguy0723 View Post
    Let's not sell marijuana candy. We can legalize it in a better way.
    I actually agree with this. For years the government has been attacking tobacco companies for making flavored cigarettes and trying to attract kids to smoking. Weed candy is not needed. I still think beverages are OK, they can be sold like beer or liquor but candy is just asking for problems.
    Who hates iowa?

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    OMG, 2 year olds driving cars everywhere! Anarchy! I'm terrified!

(also, the libertarian party is just Democrats plus weed)

OMG, 2 year olds driving cars everywhere! Anarchy! I'm terrified!

(also, the libertarian party is just Democrats plus weed)
    OMG, endless regulation stifling all innovation and capital formation! Totalitarianism! I'm terrified!