***OFFICIAL wisconsin AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

At this point, I'm actually hoping we don't make the tournament this year. Maybe then we can finally rid ourselves of this coaching regime. This team won't go on a run in the NIT either.

If they don’t make the tourney which looks very likely I think Pitino should be gone.

That being said I have doubts Coyle makes that move no matter what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they don’t make the tourney which looks very likely I think Pitino should be gone.

I guarantee he does.

Hate ripping on McBrayer considering what he has gone through this year but he has been awful.

He's almost not playable. We were really counting on him for this year. He is a senior

I don’t know. Fan enthusiasm is going to dwindle if this team doesn’t finish strong. I also don’t think next year’s team is going to be any better than this team.

Frustrating loss for sure, but it's not the end of the season. The Gophers are still over .500 in the conference...I guess this just cancels out their win in Madison. The primary goal is to make the NCAA tournament...anything can happen from there. When I watch Wisconsin games, it feels like I am watching a game from the 1950's.

I I also don’t think next year’s team is going to be any better than this team.

Yes, which is exactly why the timing would be right for firing him at the end of this season unless there is a major turnaround that is enough to save his job.

Happ will make a lot of money in Eastern Europe.
Unfortunately for him fans are meaner there

It's time to move on from Pitino at this point. It's not like we need to keep him around to save our 1 man recruiting class.

The fact that there was enough Red in the Barn to turn this into a neutral site game, which we lost circling the drain at the end, combined with a dwindling interest in Gopher sports across the board points to an inauspicious exit for the coach.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Frustrating loss for sure, but it's not the end of the season. The Gophers are still over .500 in the conference...I guess this just cancels out their win in Madison. The primary goal is to make the NCAA tournament...anything can happen from there. When I watch Wisconsin games, it feels like I am watching a game from the 1950's.

It's funny, Pitino has been pointing out the "overall" record of this team the last 4 games. we were a "last 4 in team" a couple weeks back. Wonder what happens now.

Pitino has now lost 4 ****ing times in a row AT HOME to Wisconsin. The Gophers never had the lead in a crucial home court conference game. If not for a couple of garbage time buckets they would have put up their lowest point total of the season. This is the same Badger team that the Gophers were able to beat in Madison. The Gophers continued their putrid second half play from Purdue while Wisconsin continues to get better as the season goes along. Minnesota has the better athletes, yet did absolutely nothing to expose their advantage in that area. Wisconsin? Wisconsin figure out how to get Happ the ball in a position where a dig down could only come from one side. Once they did that in the second half it was bucket after bucket. I don't know if the Gophers had a single score out of an offensive set in the entire second half. Seemingly every bucket was an extraordinary Jordan Murphy put back.

The season is not over, but I am back to believing the writing is on the wall with Pitino. That was an embarrassing performance from a first year coach. From a coach in his 6th at the same program in a rivalry game with huge stakes? Flat out disgusting.

Greg Gard has 3 more conference wins than Richard Pitino...in two fewer seasons.

I don’t know. Fan enthusiasm is going to dwindle if this team doesn’t finish strong. I also don’t think next year’s team is going to be any better than this team.

Fan enthusiasm isn’t that high as it is. Maybe that is what ultimately makes the decision easier if a move is made.

Pitino can try and sell I have PG in Carr coming which will make them better.

Agree, next year looks to be more of the same regardless.

The half-court offense continues to be terrible. The ball should have gone into the post on every possession.

In every statistical gauge Tubby's team were better. I have trouble making argument to keep Pitino without logically arguing Tubby deserved more time. And I can't do that.

Complete, utter horse$hit basketball from two teams; one was significantly worse. Worst 3-point shooting team ever? Where are the adjustments? Pitino could be a goner.

The fact that there was enough Red in the Barn to turn this into a neutral site game, which we lost circling the drain at the end, combined with a dwindling interest in Gopher sports across the board points to an inauspicious exit for the coach.

Were you at the game? Be honest, now.

Shooting was awful from 3 with open looks. Long rebounds were even worse: there’s your two reasons for losing

Were you at the game? Be honest, now.
Wisconsin fans got more TV time. Crowd roared more when Bucky had the ball. That's all it took. Neutral site game.

Fan enthusiasm isn’t that high as it is. Maybe that is what ultimately makes the decision easier if a move is made.

Pitino can try and sell I have PG in Carr coming which will make them better.

Agree, next year looks to be more of the same regardless.

As I sit here and ruminate about this loss; unless we get a new coach I believe next season is going to be more of the same...hoping for a win, but expecting a loss.

I’m going to watch Game of Thrones and house stark get their sweet revenge. Thinking about this game is giving me a headache.

I’m going to watch Game of Thrones and house stark get their sweet revenge. Thinking about this game is giving me a headache.

Don’t spoil it for me, I’m only in season 3.

Top Bottom