***OFFICIAL wisconsin AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

In every statistical gauge Tubby's team were better. I have trouble making argument to keep Pitino without logically arguing Tubby deserved more time. And I can't do that.

He did deserve more time, he got fired after getting to the round of 32 after upsetting UCLA in the 1st round(It was also the most fun I had following this program, still remember rushing the floor for the Indiana game). which has been to this day our best season since Clem. With that being said, I also hesitate to call for Pitino's firing before letting the season play out, think people on here are too reactionary after each game win or lose. I just hate the idea of "resetting" the program once again especially with all the talented local recruits in the upcoming classes. I will say if he Coyle does let him go, he better have someone that he wants take over all but locked up like he did with fleck, I don't want to see us going after big fish and only end up going with our 5th, 6th, etc choice to lead this program like what happened when they let go of Tubby.

Last edited:

Here come the Coach haters. Still gonna make the Tourney...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pitino has now lost 4 ****ing times in a row AT HOME to Wisconsin. The Gophers never had the lead in a crucial home court conference game. If not for a couple of garbage time buckets they would have put up their lowest point total of the season. This is the same Badger team that the Gophers were able to beat in Madison. The Gophers continued their putrid second half play from Purdue while Wisconsin continues to get better as the season goes along. Minnesota has the better athletes, yet did absolutely nothing to expose their advantage in that area. Wisconsin? Wisconsin figure out how to get Happ the ball in a position where a dig down could only come from one side. Once they did that in the second half it was bucket after bucket. I don't know if the Gophers had a single score out of an offensive set in the entire second half. Seemingly every bucket was an extraordinary Jordan Murphy put back.

The season is not over, but I am back to believing the writing is on the wall with Pitino. That was an embarrassing performance from a first year coach. From a coach in his 6th at the same program in a rivalry game with huge stakes? Flat out disgusting.

Greg Gard has 3 more conference wins than Richard Pitino...in two fewer seasons.

Well said. This isn’t a great Wisconsin team or even a year where the Big Ten has elite teams at the top (just a balanced conference).
Pitino hasn’t been able to recruit a complete team with enough outside shooters to keep give the bigs space (that was Wisconsin’s key) or an interesting offensive or defensive scheme to make up for the roster deficiencies.
Pitino might still turn it around but tonight was a bad loss.

As I sit here and ruminate about this loss; unless we get a new coach I believe next season is going to be more of the same...hoping for a win, but expecting a loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1. Unless we somehow pull impact Spring recruits I see more of the same. We'll be better for swapping McBreyer for Carr/Willis but worse for swapping Murphy for more Osmersa/Curry. Overall a wash or marginally better.

Hard not to hate the guy when we saw nothing from him, no full court press to try and speed the pace up, no pushing the ball ever,
even with a minute to go dribble handoffs at the three point line.

Why?

I'd love to game plan against Pitino, you know exactly where they will be on every single play.

I've been watching a fair amount of decent D3 basketball lately. How is it that the Gophers, being full scholarship "cream of the crop" Big 10 basketball players, are worse shooters than their non-scholarship counterparts? 1-13 from the 3 point line. How is that even possible?

+1. Unless we somehow pull impact Spring recruits I see more of the same. We'll be better for swapping McBreyer for Carr/Willis but worse for swapping Murphy for more Osmersa/Curry. Overall a wash or marginally better.

I’d say better if curry works on his outside shot as it gets more space for oturo who could be a special post player if he can start to hit that jumper (which is what Murphy’s game is missing)

I’d say better if curry works on his outside shot as it gets more space for oturo who could be a special post player if he can start to hit that jumper (which is what Murphy’s game is missing)

Problem is right now we have 2 bigs who can defend. Next year we will have 1.

I hate horrific basketball.

Pardon my lack of understanding.

Question.......how the hell are we going to make the tourney?

There is absolutely nothing you can point to that indicates they will make tourney.

I hate horrific basketball.

Pardon my lack of understanding.
It's a long season.. lots of ups and downs. I'm confident we make the tourney....which is the goal.

You think simply making the tourney makes this a successful season? That's the bare minimum for him to keep his job. If we dont go one run, it's still an awful 6 year record.

There is absolutely nothing you can point to that indicates they will make tourney.

Or otherwise..... lots of basketball to play

It's a long season.. lots of ups and downs. I'm confident we make the tourney....which is the goal.

If we get to the tourney as last team in......and get Middle Tennesseed.........well, Ya for Minnesota Golden Basketball.

Friggin Puke!

Yes there is.
Who we are competing against for the last few bids means we might get in just by beating Rutgers northwestern and Indiana

Not saying those are locks.

If he hasn’t developed his outside shot by now, he will likely not improve. If our season next year depends on one guy improving his outside shot, pull the plug. Based on the shooting we’ve seen to this point, next year is going to be the same or worse.

The goal is to do a lot more than make the tourney. We recently fired a coach for not only making it, but advancing g to the round of 32.

If we get to the tourney as last team in......and get Middle Tennesseed.........well, Ya for Minnesota Golden Basketball.

Friggin Puke!
Please cheer for Wisconson.

Yes there is.
Who we are competing against for the last few bids means we might get in just by beating Rutgers northwestern and Indiana

Oooo..... We might he a bubble team!!! *clapclapclap*

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Agree on Oturu and I'm sure Curry will be better a year removed from surgery. But they are already giving us a lot of minutes and points. There is only so much more they can do. Omersa will play a lot as currently constructed.

Yes there is.

9 conferences wins will not be enough without a run in the B10 tourney.

This team is not good enough on the offensive end of the court to make that type of run.

Top Bottom