Secondary ticket market

2nd Degree Gopher

Reaction score
Anyone ever buy or sell Gopher basketball tickets on one of the online ticket listing sites? SeatExchange.com, is the “Official Secondary Ticket Provider of The University of Minnesota Gophers,” where you can post tickets you want to sell either for a flat price or through negotiations. It appears that the service handles the money with buyers paying the ticket price plus shipping costs and the seller pays a commission of 15%. I presume there are others that operate in a similar way. But in looking at the site, it appears that it’s the same 8-10 people selling tickets to every game and there doesn’t seem to be much turnover of the tickets, leading me to assume that there aren’t many sales actually happening. The asking price for most of the tickets seems grossly inflated over what you’d pay a scalper outside, so perhaps its just a forum for people willing to sell if somebody wants to overpay.

I’d appreciate any experience anyone has with this or similar sites as opposed to Craig's list or something similar. Thanks.

4 sale

last year i used stubhub more than a few times to sell my tickets. this year, nothing seems to move no matter the price.

if you are looking to buy or sell (anything other than the rivalry games) you might wanna use the scalpers in front of the barn.

Top Bottom