Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Former Baylor coach Art Briles will interview for Southern Miss OC job

Go Gophers!!

Southern Miss likes attention I see...

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post

Go Gophers!!
    To be honest, I doubt there are B1G rules that prohibit or address who universities can hire, either. I don't know why a conference would have such a rule? NCAA - sure, conference???

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeville Goldy View Post
    To be honest, I doubt there are B1G rules that prohibit or address who universities can hire, either. I don't know why a conference would have such a rule? NCAA - sure, conference???
    Even with such rules... it would be a legal nightmare.

California already told the NCAA to take a hike with NCAA rules who they can or can't hire.

Well we have Minnesota rules I believe. Perhaps with the new AD we don't have them.

Honestly if a school is willing to bring him in as an OC they should just make him head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Some guy View Post
    Honestly if a school is willing to bring him in as an OC they should just make him head coach.
    True, it's not like hiring him as OC is ... more ok than HC.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    True, it's not like hiring him as OC is ... more ok than HC.
    “Covering up rape is bad if you’re a head coach, but if you are an OC it’s fine”
    -southern miss

Coach Bliss as recruiting coordinator to boot?

Baylor has had two coaches in this century involved in coverups for rape and murder.

I can't fathom how they have stayed relevant in football and basketball.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Donít know why some of the Gopholers are against him. Itís not like he had direct knowledge of what actually happened on campus. Yes, some players were expelled, but not any different than what happened at the U. Had TC had Briles pedigree, he would have survived.

Briles isn’t the first or last coach to allegedly overlook shady behavior by players that help them win. The list is long. AFAIK the allegation against Briles are that he didn’t directly report an allegation to the campus Title IX office, instead telling her to go to the police (she didn’t). He also denied knowing the details about a player’s dismissal from Boise State that allegedly included domestic and/or sexual assault allegations among other things. Honestly, I’ve never seen a concise listing of Brile’s failures in all this. It would be interesting for a journalist to try and piece it all together and find out the real stories but being a private institution and with privacy law it’s unlikely we’ll ever know (most of) the facts other than what’s come out in the 2 or 3 lawsuits that have gone to trial. Mostly hearsay and allegations dropped by aggrieved parties.

Would not surprise me if it came out that the old, white Baptists who run Baylor decided to use Briles as a scapegoat.

Geez, let the man work. I’m sure everyone is full aware of his past. As a non-HC, he will not be central to reporting information for the FB team. Let those of you without fault cast the first stone.

History has shown some people like to be outraged even when they know less than half the facts (or in some cases none). It’s very likely Briles isn’t as evil as some think, or as good as his daughter thinks he is. Most people are somewhere in between. I don’t know enough about the facts of all this to know if I should be outraged or not. Someone surely has to have looked into this at some point. Please post if you have a good accounting.