Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 196 to 209 of 209
  1. #196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Not even close? By all means, continue.
    Just for starters:

    https://www.cga.ct.gov/2007/rpt/2007-R-0217.htm

    Federal law imposes several restrictions on the transfer and possession of firearm ammunition. The law prohibits the possession of ammunition by convicted felons, controlled substance users, and anyone subject to a domestic violence restraining order, among others, and it prohibits transferring ammunition to such persons as well. It prohibits the sale or transfer of (1) long gun ammunition to anyone under age 18 and (2) handgun ammunition to anyone under age 21. It also strictly regulates armor-piercing handgun bullets.

    Some states restrict or regulate ammunition purchase and possession. Delaware and Illinois, bar some of the same groups barred by federal law from receiving or possessing ammunition. Iowa prohibits people below a certain age from receiving or possessing ammunition.

    Both Illinois and Massachusetts require people to display a firearm identification card when purchasing ammunition. The card is comparable to a permit. Applicants must meet specified criteria to be eligible for a card, including a criminal history record check requirement.

    Some states limit the types of ammunition and magazines that can be legally sold. At least 11 states, including Connecticut, ban the sale or possession of armor-piercing bullets. At least six states (but not Connecticut) outlaw the sale of large-capacity magazines. Although the statutory definitions differ, typically these are magazines that can hold 10 or more rounds of ammunition.

    Federal law prohibits ammunition sale or transfer to, and possession by, anyone who:

    1. is under indictment for a crime punishable by more than one year imprisonment or convicted of a felony,

    2. is a fugitive from justice,

    3. is an unlawful user of a controlled substance,

    4. is addicted to a controlled substance,

    5. has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution,

    6. is an illegal alien,

    7. has been dishonorably discharged from the military, and

    8. has renounced his or her U.S. citizenship (18 USC § 922(d) and (g)).


  2. #197

    Default

    We’ll give you a mulligan S2. There are obviously LOTS of true free markets, so you can just name another one.

  3. #198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    Just for starters:

    https://www.cga.ct.gov/2007/rpt/2007-R-0217.htm

    Federal law imposes several restrictions on the transfer and possession of firearm ammunition. The law prohibits the possession of ammunition by convicted felons, controlled substance users, and anyone subject to a domestic violence restraining order, among others, and it prohibits transferring ammunition to such persons as well. It prohibits the sale or transfer of (1) long gun ammunition to anyone under age 18 and (2) handgun ammunition to anyone under age 21. It also strictly regulates armor-piercing handgun bullets.

    Some states restrict or regulate ammunition purchase and possession. Delaware and Illinois, bar some of the same groups barred by federal law from receiving or possessing ammunition. Iowa prohibits people below a certain age from receiving or possessing ammunition.

    Both Illinois and Massachusetts require people to display a firearm identification card when purchasing ammunition. The card is comparable to a permit. Applicants must meet specified criteria to be eligible for a card, including a criminal history record check requirement.

    Some states limit the types of ammunition and magazines that can be legally sold. At least 11 states, including Connecticut, ban the sale or possession of armor-piercing bullets. At least six states (but not Connecticut) outlaw the sale of large-capacity magazines. Although the statutory definitions differ, typically these are magazines that can hold 10 or more rounds of ammunition.

    Federal law prohibits ammunition sale or transfer to, and possession by, anyone who:

    1. is under indictment for a crime punishable by more than one year imprisonment or convicted of a felony,

    2. is a fugitive from justice,

    3. is an unlawful user of a controlled substance,

    4. is addicted to a controlled substance,

    5. has been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution,

    6. is an illegal alien,

    7. has been dishonorably discharged from the military, and

    8. has renounced his or her U.S. citizenship (18 USC § 922(d) and (g)).
    That's what I thought. Sounds impressive, until you realize that this is not enforced at all, except perhaps in 2 states. If you were interested in understanding my point, you wouldn't have posted such nonsense.

  4. #199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    We’ll give you a mulligan S2. There are obviously LOTS of true free markets, so you can just name another one.
    DPO is going to have to do better than that.

  5. #200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    We’ll give you a mulligan S2. There are obviously LOTS of true free markets, so you can just name another one.
    Farmers markets

  6. #201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    That's what I thought. Sounds impressive, until you realize that this is not enforced at all, except perhaps in 2 states. If you were interested in understanding my point, you wouldn't have posted such nonsense.
    "Not enforced at all, except where it is."

    Not a free market.

  7. #202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    The question was to list every unregulated market around the world. No, I'm not going to answer that.

    I don't think my answer was vague. I listed a completely unregulated product. Bullets. Now, if you're resistant to the idea that unregulated products could possibly be safe, cheap, reliable, etc. Then yes, you are unlikely to be swayed. But if you're open to the idea, you might wonder why. Why aren't all kinds of companies making unsafe crappy bullets so that they can get rich, as Howie assures us will happen?

    I can't give you all the answers you want. You would need to do the research yourself.

    The question wasn't to list them all. You could have simply listed 2-3 countries that fit your argument, but you move to a different topic.

    My point is you aren't really giving any answers. You just poke sticks in others arguments, than throw something else at the wall as a distraction.

    The idea of discussion is to better explain opinions and discover more through answers provided by people who have differing views. At the point someone asks you a question to gain that info, you reply with it's not your job to educate or provide "all the answers". We aren't asking for ALL the answers. Just actual answers to support your opinion. Your inability to answer simple questions being asked of you is frustrating, or at best a waste of time.
    Go Gophers!

  8. #203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    "Not enforced at all, except where it is."

    Not a free market.
    Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Face The Facts View Post
    The question wasn't to list them all. You could have simply listed 2-3 countries that fit your argument, but you move to a different topic.

    My point is you aren't really giving any answers. You just poke sticks in others arguments, than throw something else at the wall as a distraction.

    The idea of discussion is to better explain opinions and discover more through answers provided by people who have differing views. At the point someone asks you a question to gain that info, you reply with it's not your job to educate or provide "all the answers". We aren't asking for ALL the answers. Just actual answers to support your opinion. Your inability to answer simple questions being asked of you is frustrating, or at best a waste of time.
    “Countries” wasn’t my argument. Free markets existing around the world was.

    I actually post thoughts and answers ALL the time. You have this backwards. You are describing jammer, dpo, and Jake. Who hide and only emerge to take pot shots.

    I can answer a specific question. I can’t provide you with a full explanation of complex topics that take months or years of study to understand.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Farmers markets
    Are completely regulated by state laws (and probably city ordinances too) considering sales of food to the public.

  11. #206

    Default

    Guys, you know S2’s song and dance. He giggles whenever he gets you to make a reply to one of his “lol” non-responses. When he has an actual point, fine, but when it’s obvious he has stalled out and his plane’s engines are on fire, nosediving for a mountain .... disengage.

  12. #207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Are completely regulated by state laws (and probably city ordinances too) considering sales of food to the public.
    Produce is exempt. I can provide a link or you can crawl away now.

  13. #208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Produce is exempt.
    Not a free market in any sense of the word.

  14. #209

    Default

    What is wealth, but a construct of our human imagination?
    "A lot of guys look good running around in underwear." - 414GopherFan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •