***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD***!!!!!!!

If coffey has aspirations of playing at the next level, he needs to work on his ball handling. I’ve seen 2nd graders with better handles.

Similarly, if he wants to be successful in this game, he needs to be aware of his limitations. Purdue is certainly aware of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if Purdue keeps throwing up bricks from 3 I like our chances.

People always rip on IW defense, hard to defend from the bench!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His defense has improved immensely. I’m always confused by the people saying how great Coffey (and McBrayer) we defensively. I don’t see it

Cannot believe we’re still in this game. TO central and poor shot selection. Coffey and Murphy better get out of this early funk or were going to lose by 20.

Oturu has a better mid-range game now than Murphy. Insane Murphy never learned to face up and hit 10ft shots.

You never learned how to do that at the D1 level.
Do you think it is possible he doesn’t have a high aptitude for jump shooting and despite working on it it just isn’t something he is ever going to be great at.

Coffey has such a long leash from Pitino it's funny. He makes as many silly offensive mistakes as Washington, but because he's given the green light for 30 minutes a game, he's gonna get in a groove bc he rarely gets taken out.

IW comes in and we immediately see why he should start.

The pressure D by Purdue made it abundantly clear how important IW was going to be this game. His style of play lends me to believe he will remain a spark plug off the bench. Oturu on the other hand needs to start. He's too good to come off the bench. Now we just need Gabe to lock down Edwards and we'll have a chance! Nice to see the young guys carry us until Murphy and Coffey can get their heads together.

washington and oturu are the only people that know how to play against a double

You never learned how to do that at the D1 level.
Do you think it is possible he doesn’t have a high aptitude for jump shooting and despite working on it it just isn’t something he is ever going to be great at.

He doesn’t have to be great at it. You’d think he’d be comfortable at it. People want IW to become a good shooter and coffey to be a good ball handler but god forbid Murphy improve the biggest weakness of his game.

So we have a PG who can't dribble and a SG who can't shoot 3's...

I don’t understand the current players on the floor together. Everyone is standing around waiting for someone to do something.

Purdue doesn’t need to shoot 3s. They are getting whatever they want inside.

He doesn’t have to be great at it. You’d think he’d be comfortable at it. People want IW to become a good shooter and coffey to be a good ball handler but god forbid Murphy improve the biggest weakness of his game.

Well obviously everyone wants everyone to be better at everything.

“Hard to believe”

Not hard to believe at all that college players have ceilings

I don’t understand the current players on the floor together. Everyone is standing around waiting for someone to do something.

Coach is benching people. Will probably not be a long term combo

Well obviously everyone wants everyone to be better at everything.

“Hard to believe”

Not hard to believe at all that college players have ceilings

So you don’t think Murphy should be able to shoot from ten feet. Good to know. I’m not asking for him to shoot 45% on 3s.

Curry not playing well

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Stull and Hurt in there at the same time is beyond stupid. Two guys playing hot potato.

If you're looking for the reason why our guys never get open, watch the fly-by picks we set. We just run by, never make contact on picks and our cutters don't even attempt to set their guy up and run him into a pick. And then, if a cutter does somehow get open, our passers don't look for them.

Williams is thicker and stronger than our front lines guys and Haarms is too tall for them. Nice 1-2 punch at center.

So you don’t think Murphy should be able to shoot from ten feet. Good to know. I’m not asking for him to shoot 45% on 3s.

It would be great if Murphy was better than he is.
I’m sure they’ve worked on it. Too bad he isn’t.

If you're looking for the reason why our guys never get open, watch the fly-by picks we set. We just run by, never make contact on picks and our cutters don't even attempt to set their guy up and run him into a pick. And then, if a cutter does somehow get open, our passers don't look for them.

Whenever Murphy actually screens someone he gets a foul

A little late to this, but Hurt and Stull should probably not be playing, let alone be playing at the same time.

I fail to understand this approach. Our threes stop going down and we just take more shots to drive our 3pt% down, down, down.

Why don't we start working into the paint and put our bigs to work?

argl....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom