***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD***!!!!!!!

this is what you will always get with Pitino. Always!

Lose on the road in a tough battle to a team tied for first in the big ten to drop to 16-6 (6-5) and a game against a ranked team who you already beat on the road becomes a must win?

Yes - since the following two are on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weave and stall offense very efficient in the 2nd half. all good basketball teams waste 2/3 of the shot clock handing the ball off at the top of the key every possession

They weren’t running the weave much in the last 10 minutes.
Do you watch the games or just repeat the same complaints over and over?

Well that sucks. Although we lost by 10, there's really not that big of a difference between that and a medium loss. This at least won't crush us like those 20+ losses that have killed our efficiency metrics. Still disappointing given the blown lead.

Time to drop to 70 or something in NET, while Neb lost to Illinois and is still 30

Snowball into a 3 game losing streak?
True. If we lose two in a row for the first time all year it is more likely to produce a 3 game losing streak.

No. Snowball into a 4-5-6 game losing streak.

Wisconsin is an easier game than @ MSU. Then we head to Nebraska where we traditionally don’t play well. Followed by Indiana who just won @ MSU. Could get ugly if we don’t win home games. Wisconsin is a huge one for NCAA tourney hopes

My problem with the Gophers is that Pitino seems to just love passive players. Even our best player Murphy is just a passive player. The only non-passive player is probably IW, but he is just not trustworthy yet to let him have the reigns. Why does Pitino refuse to recruit stronger personalities?

That was hardly an epic collapse.
We got beat on the road by a team who is first in the big ten who has much better guards than us.
We played a great 30 minutes and ran out of gas.

They've had better guards since forever. Why is that?

It's not Duke, MSU, or Kentucky. It's friggin Purdue and they always have the better backcourt. ALWAYS!

Why?

No. Snowball into a 4-5-6 game losing streak.

Wisconsin is an easier game than @ MSU. Then we head to Nebraska where we traditionally don’t play well. Followed by Indiana who just won @ MSU. Could get ugly if we don’t win home games. Wisconsin is a huge one for NCAA tourney hopes

You think if we lose 5 in a row that’s bad?

Running out of gas = collapse.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Frustrating finish but that is a hell of a basketball team that happens to be peaking right now. Their crowd won that for them. Look forward to the gophs regrouping for Wednesday.

It's a reflection on your coach when you're up by 13 and lose by 10. In the last ten minutes. So sickening. Fans deserve better than tha.

KNEW someone would post this. Yeah, Pitino was out there throwing it away and missing the shots that went in earlier. Why do you bother to even watch?

Good effort against a very good Purdue team. Saw flashes of how good we will be. Start 2 true freshmen who contribute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They weren’t running the weave much in the last 10 minutes.
Do you watch the games or just repeat the same complaints over and over?

i watched the game alright. the only time they weren't doing the weave was when they were fumbling the ball away before getting across half court

you're a moron if you think the gophers stagnant offensive system is not holding them back

Last edited:

That was hardly an epic collapse.
We got beat on the road by a team who is first in the big ten who has much better guards than us.
We played a great 30 minutes and ran out of gas.
And they can shoot 3's. we only made 2 all game

Why does Pitino refuse to recruit stronger personalities?

Maybe he's not confident that he can handle them or maybe stronger personalities don't want to play for him.

Had anyone not named Coffey or Oturu shot well we would have won. 12.5% from 3?

They've had better since forever. Why is that?

It's not Duke, MSU, or Kentucky. It's friggin Purdue and they always have the better backcourt. ALWAYS!

Why?

Well two years ago a healthy mason won the game for us at Purdue.
People rip on Richard for many things. In my opinion the worst thing for this year is the fact that he knew what he had in Washington and he didn’t get anything better.

Richard clearly doesn’t trust Washington, but he didn’t get anything better.
People can say Carr, but carr was a coin toss on eligibility at best.

My problem with the Gophers is that Pitino seems to just love passive players. Even our best player Murphy is just a passive player. The only non-passive player is probably IW, but he is just not trustworthy yet to let him have the reigns. Why does Pitino refuse to recruit stronger personalities?

How does a "passive player" lead the conference in rebounding? How is that possible? Serious question.

Maybe he's not confident that he can handle them or maybe stronger personalities don't want to play for him.

Maybe you can’t tell personalities from watching a basketball game.

Maybe Murphy getting 3 charge calls isn’t a sign he is too passive to take it to the basket. Maybe it is a sign he isn’t skilled enough to take it to the basket.

People rip on Richard for many things. In my opinion the worst thing for this year is the fact that he knew what he had in Washington and he didn’t get anything better.

His trust in McBrayer is unending. It's hard for Washington to be worse than McBrayer!

That's Richard for ya though.

Haarms is the biggest spaz i've ever seen in the Big Ten. God, that kid is annoying.

I agree. Pitino has not done a good job of roster construction. Lacks either front court or back court depth...not to mention the IW saga. If he has so little trust in IW he needed to get someone to come in and play. Not pray Carr got deemed eligible.

Last years excuse was his leg. I kept thinking whatever!

Thank goodness he's healthy this year.

Not a good shooter.
He was really good 2 years ago when he was playing the 7th man role. He just isn’t good enough to be a 3rd/4th option on a top 20 team

Top Bottom