***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT PURDUE IN-GAME THREAD***!!!!!!!

Was there any doubt that IW was going to dribble that possession out and then either take a long jumper or get a layup blocked -- while other four guys stood around? Just a horseshoe possession. How are we even still in this game?? We are 1/10 on 3 pointers but fortunately, Purdue is 1/13. They won't shoot that badly in the 2nd half.

They will if they are shooting off balance threes with hands in their face, which is why they missed so many in the first half

Very good defense. Do it again and we win.

Defense has been really good. Adjusted to them feeding their big men over and over and held them once check. Contesting 3s and jump shots. Defense can lead to offense that we desperately need

Were winning ugly in the B10 on the road and people are finding a way to complain. I love gopherhole

I sometimes think IW gets a bad rap because he ends up having to take a low percentage shot due to lack of help. 4 assists and 0 turnovers.

The good thing is, since Purdue took a shot at the buzzer it helps our net rating

Big Ten halftime report: "Minnesota might be the least appreciated team in the conference". Screw the conference. We're clearly the least appreciated team in the country. We make a lot of bad mistakes, but damn are we fun to watch. We finally have enough players to keep bringing at teams when a few (eg. Murphy/Coffey today) aren't playing up to potential. Now let's go out and win this game!

I have to giggle a bit at the posters that dive off the deep end when there is a little bump in the game... deep breath everyone

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I sometimes think IW gets a bad rap because he ends up having to take a low percentage shot due to lack of help. 4 assists and 0 turnovers.

Agreed. He did misjudge the shot clock a bit. He almost made that shot but he could have gotten a little closer with the time he had.

Were winning ugly in the B10 on the road and people are finding a way to complain. I love gopherhole

This is a message board and people are going to express their opinions and how they feel. What do you expect lmao?

Big Ten halftime report: "Minnesota might be the least appreciated team in the conference". Screw the conference. We're clearly the least appreciated team in the country. We make a lot of bad mistakes, but damn are we fun to watch. We finally have enough players to keep bringing at teams when a few (eg. Murphy/Coffey today) aren't playing up to potential. Now let's go out and win this game!

to Be fair.
Why should national pundits praise the team when half the fans have no faith (myself included)

Gotta feel good about the defensive effort in that first half. We also have to realize they’re going to get hot for stretches.

They are overplaying everything. IW needs major minutes in the second half, and we need to start exposing those hard hedges and getting some backdoor cuts working. IW is small enough and quick enough to split those screens, I’d like to see them at least attempt that to open things up.

This is a message board and people are going to express their opinions and how they feel. What do you expect lmao?

This. Which is why I said I love gopherhole. Additional entertainment factor

Non-basketball note: We see in the commercials why BTN slobbers over Indiana and to a lesser extent Purdue. A lot of local Indiana ads being bought. Don't see that in many other games...

This. Which is why I said I love gopherhole. Additional entertainment factor

The “I love gopherhole” comment. I thought you were being facetious. My apologies to you sir.

Protect the ball. Keep feeding Oturu. Better play from Murphy and Coffey. Gabe knocks down a couple 3s. We win.

Defend Edwards, I would guess they are going to isolate him and try to get him going to start the second half

Just how we drew that up. Believe me.

No good that Oturu fell.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No....just dont drive off cliffs to fast

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I know. Some people are on this thread to offer their opinions on the game, some are on here to offer opinions on other's opinion of the game, like yourself. I am on here to offer opinions on other peoples opinions of other's opinions on the game.

Top Bottom