Ciarrocca gets extension

swingman

Reaction score
Per Joe C Strib review of Regent docket:

Gophers offensive coordinator Kirk Ciarrocca, who turned down an offer from West Virginia last month, will receive a one-year contract extension next week, pending Board of Regents approval.

Ciarrocca is already under contract for $720,000 this year, and the extension would guarantee him the same salary for 2020. The matter will come before the Regents’ Finance and Operations Committee next Thursday, according to University docket materials.

Ciarrocca, 53, arrived with Gophers coach P.J. Fleck from Western Michigan in 2017 and originally received a two-year deal worth $700,000 per season. Ciarrocca received a one-year extension and raise last year, increasing his salary to $710,000 for last season.

Hope his contract included a provision about sending TEs out on pass-catching routes!!

Just kidding ...... kinda ...

Well played KC. Well played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is this thread about? All these posts are by folks on the ignore list.

Do you really want to know? Or was it just a handy excuse to haughtily announce who you have ignored? Either way, why are you asking other people to do the work for you?

Hope his contract included a provision about sending TEs out on pass-catching routes!!

Just kidding ...... kinda ...

With you. I like most everything Ciarrocca has done, but it would be nice to see a few more plays that involve the TE.

It’s about posters who preach how they are above certain things (like negativity, name calling, ripping players, etc.), but then constantly do certain things (like negativity, name calling, ripping players, etc.). Too bad you can’t see it, I think you would really enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't really need input from someone who doesn't even live in the state, anyway.

Apologies.

Let me correct that to: "We don't really need input from someone who lives in Arizona, anyway".

Apologies.

Let me correct that to: "We don't really need input from someone who lives in Arizona, anyway".

Keep digging, Einstein

Let's see.... highwayman credibility against Gophers_4life.... hmmmm

The snowbird Gopher fans in Arizona probably think you're mostly a tool also. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that they've contributed a little more to society, and probably infinitely more to the University, than you have

Guys, guys....remember when Kirk C. was up for an extension? (About 13, 14 posts back...) Seems a formality and hopefully it is. I think overall he does a nice job. Does he do everything like we'd like him to? No, but we couldn't agree on what we'd like so it's good he's here. :cool:

We don't really need input from someone who doesn't even live in the state, anyway.

WTF?

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/TeDpSbeCLAPtu" width="480" height="320" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/reactiongifs-dumb-and-dumber-jim-carry-TeDpSbeCLAPtu">via GIPHY</a></p>

720 Grand a year is a good gig, no matter what you're doing. I could live on that. Heck, I could afford to get season tickets.

We spent years with with generally unexciting (a handful of exceptions) offenses and seeming little hope of it changing.

Kirk has managed to turn that around. He earned the raise.

We spent years with with generally unexciting (a handful of exceptions) offenses and seeming little hope of it changing.

This. Although I'm from out of state.

It is amazing how much assistant salaries have gone up in a reasonably short amount of time. It wasn't all that long ago that the coordinators made low 6 figures and the positions coaches were in the 80K range. Now there are multi-million dollar coordinators all over the place.

As for KC, whatever we can do to keep him around I am all for it. He and PJ seem to be bringing in some really promising offensive talent and what he has been able to do with a really inexperienced group of players is very impressive. Excited to see what he can do in the next few seasons as the young guys get more experience and hopefully continue to build on what we saw last year.

Isn't it like 1.5%? Not a big deal and the extension would be expected.

Top Bottom