Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hunter Zenzen, Barnesville 2020, gets Iowa State offer

I've seen him play, and he's the real deal. But a lot of kids out here in the sticks are the real deal and they never get noticed except by NDSU, Iowa State, Winona State, UMD, etc.
    I’m a light eater. As soon as it’s light, I start to eat. And I'm on a seefood diet. If I can see food, I'll eat it.

Blog Entries

The Gopher coaches need to be more active in outstate MN and develop relationships with HS coaches.

Logan Richter is a great find. But, what about players like Hunter Zenzen? It's interesting that Iowa State found and offered him first.

ISU is becoming a serious competitor for MN kids.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

We have a 2020 commit from the Winona kid (Witt). I think this staff is getting out there. According to the article above, Minnesota is in contact with Zenzen. See if he shows up for Jr. day.

Blog Entries

I like the idea of the Gopher Caravan. Can they they do that more than once a year? They can cover more places outstate.

The Gopher coaches are plenty active and get “out there” plenty. They are getting most players and occasionally are going to not get one. Guess what, not every kid wants to go to Minnesota. Why? I can only give you 120 reasons or so. Every kid is different. I’m not worried, even a bit. It would be nice to get the all, but it’s never going to happen.

Why do Alabama or Florida kids go to California schools? Because they do.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Blog Entries

The Gophers do get kids like Blais Andries, Jason Williamson, Brevyn Spann-Ford, Logan Richter. It is the hidden gems and the top MN recruits that got away that I worry about.

Do the Gophers still hold that HS Coaches Workshops that Jerry Kill used to do? That is a great way to reach out and establish pipeline/relationships.

The Gopher rivals - Iowa, Wisconsin, Iowa State, Nebraska all are playing even closer attention to recruiting in MN not to mention NDSU ND, SDSU...

Well the real interesting thing is that they (ISU) still offered him without seeing him in person. Their plane couldn't land, but they still gave the offer anyway. That is according to the OP article.

Obviously has incredible athletic ability.

The video shows him performing a box jump with a moving start. Not at all the same thing as testing the vertical. That said, it's beyond obvious he has incredible athletic ability, and I would not be surprised if he could touch 40"+ on a vertec from a moving start.

Vertical leap (testing) is in itself a very fascinating subject. There is a really great youtube video that talks about the science of it, without being too long or too boring, if anyone wants I can share the link.

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    The Gopher coaches need to be more active in outstate MN and develop relationships with HS coaches.

Logan Richter is a great find. But, what about players like Hunter Zenzen? It's interesting that Iowa State found and offered him first.

ISU is becoming a serious competitor for MN kids.
    Just because they haven't offered this kid doesn't mean they don't have relationships with outstate HS coaches. The current staff has shown they are willing to sign outstate kids.

Gopher coaches get all these kids that are getting noticed to the camps. If they like them they offer them. I believe that was the story with Richter. (Correcte me if I’m wrong but I thought it was at camp they offered)

Blog Entries

I thought I heard the coaches just about fall off their chairs when they saw him for the first time.

He is like a lunker fish staring at you right next to your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by hungan1 View Post
    The Gophers do get kids like Blais Andries, Jason Williamson, Brevyn Spann-Ford, Logan Richter. It is the hidden gems and the top MN recruits that got away that I worry about.

Do the Gophers still hold that HS Coaches Workshops that Jerry Kill used to do? That is a great way to reach out and establish pipeline/relationships.

The Gopher rivals - Iowa, Wisconsin, Iowa State, Nebraska all are playing even closer attention to recruiting in MN not to mention NDSU ND, SDSU...
    Logan Richter wasn’t recruited by anyone so was absolutely “hidden”. Whether he’s a gem or not remains to be seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember when walk on Cedric Dicke did a 50" box jump when he was in high school?
    Last edited by Word; 02-03-2019 at 10:15 AM.