Hunter Zenzen, Barnesville 2020, gets Iowa State offer

Yes, the Minnesota Football Coaches Association still puts on the clinic. Kill was just following what Brewster and Mason already did. I've said this before on here, but one thing Brewster should get credit on was establishing and working with the high school coaches in the state. He didn't do a lot right in his tenure, but that was one area he hit out of the park.

It makes sense as Brewster's skills are in crooting, getting in with the coach's has to be a huge deal if you're crooting as HC or TE coach.

I'd have to confirm but I believe the event is put on by the high school coaches association and they invite the Gopher HC to be a speaker. It is not an event run by the Gophers or their coach. They are just guests.

Looks like the speakers this year are:
PJ Fleck & Minnesota Gopher Staff
NFL Hall of Famer Matt Birk
Matt Entz - Head Coach - NDSU
U. of North Dakota Staff
& many more regional and national speakers!

Didn't Brewster even host a summer BBQ for MN coaches and/or recruits (or something like that)?

I believe he had a fish fry at the first U of MN Coaches Clinic he hosted.

Typically the big ones used to be the Nike Coach of the Year Clinic (Regional / National)in February and the U of MN Coaches’ Clinic (with MFCA) in March. The U of MN (MFCA) one typically included drills, techniques demonstrated and often were during Spring Practice season. Been a long time since I last attended one though so current coaches would provide more accurate information of what current clinics are held.

We don’t know what height box jump he did in the video. It was boxes stacked on top of each other, so could’ve easily been 5x”. The article said he has a 42” vertical, as a fact independent of the video.

Jumping onto a platform 42” above ground absolutely does not mean you have a 42” vertical. They aren’t even close to the same thing.

The tweet showed Zenzen around a 42" jump (the tweet was called a vertical, but I haven't ever seen a vertical tested with a running start) and Dicke's was a true 50" plyo jump. I probably messed up when I called it a vertical - correct that isn't a vertical. Either way, Dicke's was way more impressive to me.

The tweet showed Zenzen around a 42" jump (the tweet was called a vertical, but I haven't ever seen a vertical tested with a running start) and Dicke's was a true 50" plyo jump. I probably messed up when I called it a vertical - correct that isn't a vertical. Either way, Dicke's was way more impressive to me.

My opinion is that the statement that he has a 42 vertical was independent of the box jump being performed in the video. As you said, that’s not how you test vertical.

The stacked boxes look like they’re more than half way up the door behind them. So even being conservative that the door is 8’ tall and the boxes go up 60% of that, you’re talking over 57”.

Seth Anderson from Moorhead got a Kansas offer, so he will be another outstate kid to keep an eye on.

Would make more sense if it was a K-State offer, for obvious reason. Seriously wonder if Kansas football has ever offered a player from North Dakota (Moorhead is essentially that)?? Don’t see why they’d start under Les Miles ...

Would make more sense if it was a K-State offer, for obvious reason. Seriously wonder if Kansas football has ever offered a player from North Dakota (Moorhead is essentially that)?? Don’t see why they’d start under Les Miles ...

There are going to be a lot of people in on Seth Anderson.

My opinion is that the statement that he has a 42 vertical was independent of the box jump being performed in the video. As you said, that’s not how you test vertical.

The stacked boxes look like they’re more than half way up the door behind them. So even being conservative that the door is 8’ tall and the boxes go up 60% of that, you’re talking over 57”.

Yeah, I understand what your're saying. Either way, both are about 40" higher boxes than I can jump on.

There are going to be a lot of people in on Seth Anderson.

OK!

Just seems Les has his head turned the wrong way, is all. IE, I assume his priority in recruiting will be Texas and Louisiana, what he knows from his LSU days.

Moorhead is not essentially North Dakota. Never cede a foot of territory to that wretched state.

Hunter Zenzen just commited to Iowa State over NDSU. Kansas State/Iowa had high interest, he attended Gophers Junior Day.

personally, if he didn't goto NDSU I was sure hoping for the Gophers!

Campbell is a great recruiter, and rows a heck of a boat himself.

Iowa St and Minn are going places. Much to Brian Ferentz’s chagrin.

Hard to compete with the model football program of the Midwest.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Hunter Zenzen got a 4 page thread????

Campbell is a great recruiter, and rows a heck of a boat himself.

Iowa St and Minn are going places. Much to Brian Ferentz’s chagrin.

He's especially great when no other FBS schools have offered a kid.

Fleck has never offered a player that had no P5 offers. Has never happened, and will never happen.

Not my point at all. It's just funny to see you calling him a great recruiter after he landed someone he had no competition for. Campbell has recruited better than his predecessors at ISU, but I believe his best class was still ranked only 48. This is with plenty of momentum from winning games. He'll likely have to do better if ISU is going to take the next step.

Not my point at all. It's just funny to see you calling him a great recruiter after he landed someone he had no competition for. Campbell has recruited better than his predecessors at ISU, but I believe his best class was still ranked only 48. This is with plenty of momentum from winning games. He'll likely have to do better if ISU is going to take the next step.

And yet they beat Oklahoma and had 8 wins seasons the last two years, with very close losses last year. In his third year of a major rebuild project. You’re right, his way of doing things clearly isn’t working out there.

Also, no one thinks of or ever calls Fleck a great recruiter, even though he has signed kids with no P5 offers.

Stop pretending it’s somehow a dirty thing to think that both Campbell and Fleck are great coaches and we’re both great pickups by their respective schools. Iowa St is not a rival for us. So chill the heck out.

Top Bottom