Former Gopher captain Jim Carter is “hopeful” about incoming president Joan Gabel

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Jim Carter, long a critic of outgoing University of Minnesota president Eric Kaler, is “hopeful” about incoming president Joan Gabel. Carter, the former Gophers football captain who at one time was interested in being elected to the U Board of Regents, likes the background of Gabel and what he has read about her regarding both academics and athletics.

Gabel is coming to Minnesota from her position as provost at South Carolina, a Southeastern Conference school with a big appetite for football. Carter thinks her experience at South Carolina might be indicative that “she gets it” in terms of athletics being important at SEC and Big Ten universities. He also likes her academic experience at Missouri where she was dean of the business school. Carter said he hopes Gabel will be a “transformational” leader at his alma mater.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Considering Jim... I'd be more worried if he approved....

per Shama:

Jim Carter, long a critic of outgoing University of Minnesota president Eric Kaler, is “hopeful” about incoming president Joan Gabel. Carter, the former Gophers football captain who at one time was interested in being elected to the U Board of Regents, likes the background of Gabel and what he has read about her regarding both academics and athletics.

Gabel is coming to Minnesota from her position as provost at South Carolina, a Southeastern Conference school with a big appetite for football. Carter thinks her experience at South Carolina might be indicative that “she gets it” in terms of athletics being important at SEC and Big Ten universities. He also likes her academic experience at Missouri where she was dean of the business school. Carter said he hopes Gabel will be a “transformational” leader at his alma mater.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Jim's timing is impressive.

I wonder who fed him the word “transformational”? Probably thinks it’s “transvestism”.

So your moral stance of never insulting players expires at graduation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Carter was and still is one of my favorite Gopher players. Highwayman is an idiot.

Jim Carter was and still is one of my favorite Gopher players. Highwayman is an idiot.

He's from my home town. He was a great player. He was one of my first favorite Gophers. He needs to shut up.

I'm not an idiot, I've used my brain since 1970. Mr. Carter has not.

While I would agree that Carter needs to shut up. What I wish he would really do is take a good hard look at himself. Examine some of the comments he has made and see what he should have done differently. I think he is just wrapped up into everything he forgets to think a while longer before reacting. I believe he is a good guy, but just doesn't have the capability of reacting instantly. Most people don't. I realize that I too need to take a step back from time to time and think a bit more before I react.

While I would agree that Carter needs to shut up. What I wish he would really do is take a good hard look at himself. Examine some of the comments he has made and see what he should have done differently. I think he is just wrapped up into everything he forgets to think a while longer before reacting. I believe he is a good guy, but just doesn't have the capability of reacting instantly. Most people don't. I realize that I too need to take a step back from time to time and think a bit more before I react.

I agree. That's what I was getting at. I have been around him pretty often (maybe a couple of dozen times) since I was a kid. He loves the accolades, but there isn't much "there" there. He was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and achieved hero status as a child...and did nothing with it. A different path was there for him and he didn't take it. I think he realizes its way too late. God love him.

He's a good guy, but his mouth attracts the wrong attention likes flies on a dead horse.

Ah yes - opinions are only valid when I agree with them.

IMHO, the opinions you don't agree with are the ones you need to listen to - because that gives you a different perspective on the issue. After listening, you still might not agree, but at the very least you may have learned something. Unless you think you don't need to learn anything. Then, you're qualified to run for public office.

Ah yes - opinions are only valid when I agree with them.

I don’t know about all that SON, but I do know that if I don’t agree with someone’s opinion they are a troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose it had been probably a month or two since Shama went to Jim Carter for a take, we were due

Top Bottom