Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default STrib: Megan Ryan brings her unique energy to the Gophers football beat

per STrib:

Hey. Iím Megan Ryan, and Iíll be your new Gophers football writer, taking over for Randy Johnson as he starts spearheading a new endeavor at the paper. You might recognize from my past two years at the paper covering soccer, hockey and literally a little bit of anything and everything else.

Now before anyone gets too distressed that Iíve only covered ďthe other football,Ē let me tell you a little about myself. First of all, Iím a University of Minnesota grad, so Iím fairly familiar with the program and its recent ups and (many) downs. Iíve also written about football in some form or another for most of my young career so far. Iíve covered high school football in the Twin Cities, Dallas (hello, real FNL) and Pittsburgh. I have the searing memories of keeping my own stats and freezing during November playoff games to prove it. Also, this story.

I even covered a season of Penn State football before I moved back to my home state to work at my hometown paper. I have the mileage on my car from the countless five-hour round trips from Pittsburgh to State College to prove that. Also, this story.

Hereís what you can expect from me as your new beat reporter: really good stories. I pride myself on finding the unique angles others might overlook and really digging into what it all means, who these people are. Iíve already got a ton of ideas I canít wait to start working on, so I really hope you all stay tuned. Iím also a millennial, lmao, so Iím going to bring some digital aspects to this beat. That means being very accessible on Twitter, posting my own photos and videos, doing Facebook Lives and maybe even bringing back my #YouveGotMailbag (see what I did there?). Thereís going to be a lot of content, so hopefully youíre into that kind of thing.

College football is a big deal. And the Gophers are very important to this market. So Iím looking forward to covering this team in all its aspects, on the field and off it. And Iíll do it perfectly.

As long as your definition of perfect is the same as coach Gainesí.

http://www.startribune.com/megan-rya...eat/505151382/

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGopher View Post
    per STrib:

Hey. Iím Megan Ryan, and Iíll be your new Gophers football writer, taking over for Randy Johnson as he starts spearheading a new endeavor at the paper. You might recognize from my past two years at the paper covering soccer, hockey and literally a little bit of anything and everything else.

Now before anyone gets too distressed that Iíve only covered ďthe other football,Ē let me tell you a little about myself. First of all, Iím a University of Minnesota grad, so Iím fairly familiar with the program and its recent ups and (many) downs. Iíve also written about football in some form or another for most of my young career so far. Iíve covered high school football in the Twin Cities, Dallas (hello, real FNL) and Pittsburgh. I have the searing memories of keeping my own stats and freezing during November playoff games to prove it. Also, this story.

I even covered a season of Penn State football before I moved back to my home state to work at my hometown paper. I have the mileage on my car from the countless five-hour round trips from Pittsburgh to State College to prove that. Also, this story.

Hereís what you can expect from me as your new beat reporter: really good stories. I pride myself on finding the unique angles others might overlook and really digging into what it all means, who these people are. Iíve already got a ton of ideas I canít wait to start working on, so I really hope you all stay tuned. Iím also a millennial, lmao, so Iím going to bring some digital aspects to this beat. That means being very accessible on Twitter, posting my own photos and videos, doing Facebook Lives and maybe even bringing back my #YouveGotMailbag (see what I did there?). Thereís going to be a lot of content, so hopefully youíre into that kind of thing.

College football is a big deal. And the Gophers are very important to this market. So Iím looking forward to covering this team in all its aspects, on the field and off it. And Iíll do it perfectly.

As long as your definition of perfect is the same as coach Gainesí.

http://www.startribune.com/megan-rya...eat/505151382/

Go Gophers!!
    "(many) downs". Nice to work that in on her first article on the program.

I swear I thought the headline said Megyn Kelly and almost choked on food.
    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Quote Originally Posted by West Fargo Gopher Fan View Post
    So many ways to go with this one... can't compute them all-----

Now before anyone gets too distressed
    Too late!

I'm in full distressed mode!

Surprised the Strib didn't give this assignment to Rochelle Olson.
    Last edited by Breakin' The Plane; 01-31-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Welcome to the beat, hopefully she does a great job! However, like this thread here, the extent of my reading of her content won't go past what is cut and pasted on the board here.
    - Respect is the ultimate currency

She's going to need that unique energy to deal with her co-workers over there now that she has this beat

Quote Originally Posted by Breakin' The Plane View Post
    Surprised the Strib didn't give this assignment to Rachel Blount.
    ...or Rochelle Olson.

Good luck. Don’t let the downers bias your view

Quote Originally Posted by West Fargo Gopher Fan View Post
    I thought Meg Ryan - the petite, bubbly, and cute actor from the 80's and early 90s who at some point in her career thought plastic surgery was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by FredCoxRocks View Post
    ...or Rochelle Olson.
    That's the one. I messed up.

Welcome, but don't listen to the boys at the Trib. In fact make sure your office is on the other side of the facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    "(many) downs". Nice to work that in on her first article on the program.
    Is it inaccurate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Gopher View Post
    Is it inaccurate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, she said "recent." List the many recent downs.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk