Nate Mason has signed a G League contract and is eligible to be claimed off waivers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

The Timberwolves are in desperate need of a PG!!! Come on Iowa Wolves!!!

Glad to see him recovered from his hip!! awesome

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Damnit. I hate the Mavs... The Wolves had a chance to grab him (the waiver order goes by G-League standings and the Iowa Wolves are below Dallas' affiliate).. Why wouldn't Saunders make that happen?

Damnit. I hate the Mavs... The Wolves had a chance to grab him (the waiver order goes by G-League standings and the Iowa Wolves are below Dallas' affiliate).. Why wouldn't Saunders make that happen?

Two of the best players on the Iowa Wolves are guards. That might have something to do with it.

Classic Minnesotan take. Maybe there are better players available than a guy coming off a hip surgery? He played for the Gophers. Doesn’t mean he needs to be signed by the Wolves affiliate.

Classic Minnesotan take. Maybe there are better players available than a guy coming off a hip surgery? He played for the Gophers. Doesn’t mean he needs to be signed by the Wolves affiliate.

I don't know if you've seen the Timberwolves current PG situation, but it's safe to assume we are in desperate need of one. If another franchise in the league thinks Mason can pan out, then I don't see why the Wolves couldn't have been the second franchise to share that point of view.

Having said all that, I am pretty sure Mason is still eligible to be picked up by any NBA team because he only signed a G-League contract, so who knows maybe the Timberwolves are going to keep an eye on him

I don't know if you've seen the Timberwolves current PG situation, but it's safe to assume we are in desperate need of one. If another franchise in the league thinks Mason can pan out, then I don't see why the Wolves couldn't have been the second franchise to share that point of view.

Having said all that, I am pretty sure Mason is still eligible to be picked up by any NBA team because he only signed a G-League contract, so who knows maybe the Timberwolves are going to keep an eye on him

Helping the current PG situation and “panning out” are two very different things. I’d rather have Isaiah Canaan than Nate Mason as it stands right now. There are plenty of guys available for a 10 day contract that are better than Mason right now. I love Nate Mason. One of my all time favorite gophers. He can’t inmediately help the Wolves. He hasn’t played a real game for like 10 months.

Top Bottom