Claeys gets three year contract

Much as I liked coach Claeys and thought we would have been successful had he stayed, he really made his own raw deal. A lot of people, myself included, knew he was a goner as soon as he tweeted his support for the striking players. You can't undermine your bosses publicly and expect to keep your job.

I'd still rather have TC coaching the Gophers than PJ, but I'm happy for him that he's doing so well.

Minnesota administrators, athletic directors and prexy-types are the masters of the "raw deal" game when it comes to football coaches. Bierman...Warmath...Stoll...Mason...TC & the STAFFERS. And that is why Minnesota has gotten exactly what Minnesota deserves for the past half century plus when it comes to the GOPHER Football Program. The administrators and AD's have prospered when it comes to taking care of themselves...but there really is NO question why the season ticket numbers are as terrible as they are in spite of the TCF BANK STADIUM miracle that Mason brought to Stadium Village...

Good for TC! His Big Ten winning percentage the short time he was here as head coach was a good indication that he would go on to bigger and better things once prexy k and ad coyle ditched him...backed the bus over him and did their nasty deeds of covering their own butts when the program they were ultimately in charge of ran into the problems that students at the U so often times seem to display. In fact, they seem to be the problems so many University students at so many colleges and universities seem to take part in.

And so it goes... We pretty much get what we deserve with all of the leadership displayed by administrators who always seem to cover their butts and get nice packages when they have finished standing their watch.

Last edited:

Cool....good for him. Any updates on Tim Brewster?

He is TE coach and recruiting coordinator at North Carolina

Wait, what year is it?

I know...

Claeys should do fine as long as he doesn't have to make any clock management decisions.

I know...

Claeys should do fine as long as he doesn't have to make any clock management decisions.

You had to bring that up! I about had a stroke screaming at the TV when that happened.

You had to bring that up! I about had a stroke screaming at the TV when that happened.

I let this thread be for over 24 hours, and was just going to ignore it. I could have had a response like:

"Wait, what year is it?" also....

I was at the game. I've watched a lot of football, but I have to say it was the worst clock management by a head coach I have ever seen at any level. An 8th grade football coach would have been able to figure it out. It cost us "The Little Brown Jug."

There’s no guarantee the guys would have punched it in with another play.

Top Bottom