Gophers 200 to 1 to win 2020 National Championship

Sparlimb

Reaction score
Not bad. Not great.

Better than Maryland...

2020Odds.jpg

Implicitly they see us as 5th in the West - behind Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, and Purdue, but ahead of Northwestern (500-1) and Illinois (5000-1)

Of the West teams give me Northwestern at 500-1. Purdue is too bullish at 150-1

Thats probably pretty close. 200 to 1. Less than 1% but possible if everything goes our way perfectly.

Is betting legal in MN? Seems worth a $20 bet to me!

In the same grouping as UCF- not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing considering it's virtually impossible for UCF to make it under the current system. I almost feel like any G5 team should be at least 1000/1 based on the history of the playoff.

In the same grouping as UCF- not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing considering it's virtually impossible for UCF to make it under the current system. I almost feel like any G5 team should be at least 1000/1 based on the history of the playoff.

They shouldn't even come out with odds for them.

It may as well be 1,000,000:1 - it's not happening regardless.

I'm currently accepting donations if anyone's interested in giving their money away - which is what this bet would be.

I'm currently accepting donations if anyone's interested in giving their money away - which is what this bet would be.

Are you giving 1,000,000:1 odds? Sure, I'll bet you a dollar.

It is clear that no G5 team will ever get a crack at a championship in the current setup. UCF had a back to back undefeated seasons heading into the bowl game this year and didn't get a sniff.

If the Gophers went undefeated next year it would be similar to Wisconsin 2 years ago. Every week they would find every reason why they shouldn't be in the playoffs.

Great stuff as always...dp

It is clear that no G5 team will ever get a crack at a championship in the current setup. UCF had a back to back undefeated seasons heading into the bowl game this year and didn't get a sniff.

If the Gophers went undefeated next year it would be similar to Wisconsin 2 years ago. Every week they would find every reason why they shouldn't be in the playoffs.

Oh, you mean the wisconsin team that would've absolutely been in the playoffs had they won the Big Ten? Great analogy!

It was a million to one shot

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FJ97I9u1i7M?start=41" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The B1G from the link:

Ohio State (East) 15:1
Michigan (East) 20:1
Wisconsin (West) 60:1
Penn State (East) 75:1
Iowa (West) 75:1
Nebraska (West) 100:1
Michigan State (East) 150:1
Purdue (West) 150:1
Minnesota (West) 200:1
Northwestern (West) 500:1
Maryland (East) 1000:1
Indiana (East) 1000:1
Rutgers (East) 5000:1
Illinois (West) 5000:1

The B1G from the link:

Ohio State (East) 15:1
Michigan (East) 20:1
Wisconsin (West) 60:1
Penn State (East) 75:1
Iowa (West) 75:1
Nebraska (West) 100:1
Michigan State (East) 150:1
Purdue (West) 150:1
Minnesota (West) 200:1
Northwestern (West) 500:1
Maryland (East) 1000:1
Indiana (East) 1000:1
Rutgers (East) 5000:1
Illinois (West) 5000:1

Man, Nebraska gets a lot of love for a team that didn't even qualify for a bowl game.

Northwestern, on the other hand, is Rodney Dangerfield.

I wonder what Gray’s Sports Almanac has to say.

Oh, you mean the wisconsin team that would've absolutely been in the playoffs had they won the Big Ten? Great analogy!

No, I am just saying if you aren't one of the chosen, elite schools you are really behind the 8-ball when it comes to the current playoff setup.

People still wanted/thought Georgia should have been in the playoffs this year. Why? Because they are a name brand school. Wisconsin 2017 was every bit as good as Georgia football 2018.

The playoffs won’t change until the SEC is left out completely. It would not surprise me to see Clemson, ND, undefeated big ten, undefeated big12 or pac12. Ineoiksnmifrnir!!! We can

Pretty cool that Caesars is doing this for the first time ever- NCAAF futures for every Div 1 team

Better to bet on the badgers and packers every year to ease the potential mental pain financially. Basically, I'd pay $xx dollars every year if it means they don't win a title.

Man, Nebraska gets a lot of love for a team that didn't even qualify for a bowl game.

Northwestern, on the other hand, is Rodney Dangerfield.

Nebraska is the best 4-8 team in the country.

Without a healthy quarterback northwestern was pretty bad last year. And he doesn’t return next fall.

Nebraska is the best 4-8 team in the country.

Without a healthy quarterback northwestern was pretty bad last year. And he doesn’t return next fall.

Cue up Paul Harvey:

"...the best of the lousiest..."

They’re just lucky Jeff Brohm didn’t go 4-8 or they’d be the second best 4-8 team in the country

Brohm has really clawed into your brain, eh? Do you have a wall plastered with Brohm photos and stories and use it as a dartboard?

Top Bottom