Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    I do.

She wasn't lying or beating around the bushes .... she was an Afro-American Studies professor who thought that black athletes were being exploited by the school, so she let them have no-show A's. The athletic dept never knew about.
    Not factually accurate at all.

I wonder if Kelly Bryant will move on from Missouri? I’d guess he could and should get a waiver to do so

Quote Originally Posted by theUSDgopher View Post
    I wonder if Kelly Bryant will move on from Missouri? I’d guess he could and should get a waiver to do so
    He’s staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    I do.

She wasn't lying or beating around the bushes .... she was an Afro-American Studies professor who thought that black athletes were being exploited by the school, so she let them have no-show A's. The athletic dept never knew about.
    Not a professor. She was a tutor.

Sorry if already mentioned but Missouri says they will appeal
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by paulser21 View Post
    Not a professor. She was a tutor.
    They were talking about North Carolina there.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Sounds like it's going to be open season on Mizzou seniors. Anyone see Harbaugh lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    Just for fun here's the Maxx catch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPTSH8QXExc

Thanks for posting. I never get tired of watching that play.

Two things I noticed watching it this time (above and beyond Maxx's amazing athleticism):

1) Great block by Cobb to pick up the blitzer and keep the pocket clean for Mitch.

2) The throw was perfect*, right on the button.

* Alas, not a spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMurray View Post
    Thanks for posting. I never get tired of watching that play.

Two things I noticed watching it this time (above and beyond Maxx's amazing athleticism):

1) Great block by Cobb to pick up the blitzer and keep the pocket clean for Mitch.

2) The throw was perfect*, right on the button.

* Alas, not a spiral.
    I'll add this...

3) With that completion ML was 13 of 14.

Quote Originally Posted by TNGophfan View Post
    It was more than just Willingham(sp?). The department set up more than 200 classes under the program and was complicit in its organization and offerings. I guess you could argue that the athletic department didnt know about it but that would be hopelessly naive.
    The athletic dept didn't direct the Afro-American studies dept to do any of that, and never knew about it until recently. That's what the NCAA said. I don't care if you don't believe them (the NCAA or UNC).

I was just explaining the obvious difference between the UNC case and this one. I don't care if you (and others) don't believe it, or want to believe the NCAA cheated the system to protect one of its prized assets, or whatever you want. Just offered the explanation, you can take it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher7 View Post
    Couple this with the recently reported Kansas player who is being made ineligible the rest of this season and next season .......

I was never in this camp before ...... but now I'm really starting to wonder and come around to the idea that the P5 might just start exploring the thought of leaving the NCAA and forming their own association.

The thing that might really tip it is if they have to pay players. Would be a lot easier to set up that type of thing with fewer schools. And the NCAA then might have a legit argument to make, something along the lines of "look, all the schools who actually have the revenue to pay players just left. This isn't on us anymore, talk to them".