Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Bracketville, MN
    Posts
    21,531
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Mizzou hit with postseason ban for academic fraud

    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ic-violations/

    This tweet sums it up well. ...




  2. #2

    Default

    So true.

    Sadly I fear MN and most other programs wouldn't get same treatment as UNC....

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SelectionSunday View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ic-violations/

    This tweet sums it up well. ...


    The NCAA's "logic" here escapes me entirely. I loathe UNC basketball and Wiliams now more than ever and there was a time when I would not have thought that to be possible.

  4. #4

    Default

    Well, someone had to do their coursework for them while they were on strike. They were too busy being agents of change to be bothered with completing assignments.

  5. #5

    Default

    The pretty clear difference here is that the Missouri athletic department compelled the bad actions.

    In North Carolina's case, it was a rouge professor who had nothing to do with the athletic dept, and wasn't being directed by the athletic dept.


    Not sure why that's hard to understand.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    The pretty clear difference here is that the Missouri athletic department compelled the bad actions.

    In North Carolina's case, it was a rouge professor who had nothing to do with the athletic dept, and wasn't being directed by the athletic dept.
    And you believe that? Probably a lot of wink wink nod nod going on over there.

  7. #7

    Default

    I do.

    She wasn't lying or beating around the bushes .... she was an Afro-American Studies professor who thought that black athletes were being exploited by the school, so she let them have no-show A's. The athletic dept never knew about.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    I do.

    She wasn't lying or beating around the bushes .... she was an Afro-American Studies professor who thought that black athletes were being exploited by the school, so she let them have no-show A's. The athletic dept never knew about.
    It was more than just Willingham(sp?). The department set up more than 200 classes under the program and was complicit in its organization and offerings. I guess you could argue that the athletic department didnt know about it but that would be hopelessly naive.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    I do.

    She wasn't lying or beating around the bushes .... she was an Afro-American Studies professor who thought that black athletes were being exploited by the school, so she let them have no-show A's. The athletic dept never knew about.
    That is a really odd stance to take. I hate this so I'll enable it.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    I do.

    She wasn't lying or beating around the bushes .... she was an Afro-American Studies professor who thought that black athletes were being exploited by the school, so she let them have no-show A's. The athletic dept never knew about.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    I do.

    She wasn't lying or beating around the bushes .... she was an Afro-American Studies professor who thought that black athletes were being exploited by the school, so she let them have no-show A's. The athletic dept never knew about.
    The school did though. And it wasnt just her but nice try...

  12. #12

    Default

    Wonder if any of these players were part of the Citrus Bowl team...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    Wonder if any of these players were part of the Citrus Bowl team...
    Are you saying maybe we won that game???? Still one of my all time favorite gopher plays - Maxx hurdling the defenders for the TD.

    Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Word; 01-31-2019 at 03:59 PM.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    Are you saying maybe we won that game???? Still one of my all time favorite gopher plays - Maxx hurdling the defenders for the TD.

    Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk
    They'd have to vacate it...just sayin'. That was a great play By Maxx.

    ML had a nice game. My memory from that game was Berkley Edwards dropping that long pass from Mitch with 50 yards of nothing in front of him. He would have ran right to the corner where I was standing. TD would have put Gophs up 24-19 I think and MIZZOU had that long TD run the next possession that turned the game.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    They'd have to vacate it...just sayin'. That was a great play By Maxx.

    ML had a nice game. My memory from that game was Berkley Edwards dropping that long pass from Mitch with 50 yards of nothing in front of him. He would have ran right to the corner where I was standing. TD would have put Gophs up 24-19 I think and MIZZOU had that long TD run the next possession that turned the game.
    Just for fun here's the Maxx catch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPTSH8QXExc


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •