Mizzou hit with postseason ban for academic fraud

So true.

Sadly I fear MN and most other programs wouldn't get same treatment as UNC....

Well, someone had to do their coursework for them while they were on strike. They were too busy being agents of change to be bothered with completing assignments.

The pretty clear difference here is that the Missouri athletic department compelled the bad actions.

In North Carolina's case, it was a rouge professor who had nothing to do with the athletic dept, and wasn't being directed by the athletic dept.

Not sure why that's hard to understand.

The pretty clear difference here is that the Missouri athletic department compelled the bad actions.

In North Carolina's case, it was a rouge professor who had nothing to do with the athletic dept, and wasn't being directed by the athletic dept.

And you believe that? Probably a lot of wink wink nod nod going on over there.

I do.

She wasn't lying or beating around the bushes .... she was an Afro-American Studies professor who thought that black athletes were being exploited by the school, so she let them have no-show A's. The athletic dept never knew about.

I do.

She wasn't lying or beating around the bushes .... she was an Afro-American Studies professor who thought that black athletes were being exploited by the school, so she let them have no-show A's. The athletic dept never knew about.

It was more than just Willingham(sp?). The department set up more than 200 classes under the program and was complicit in its organization and offerings. I guess you could argue that the athletic department didnt know about it but that would be hopelessly naive.

I do.

That is a really odd stance to take. I hate this so I'll enable it.

I do.

[emoji849]

I do.

The school did though. And it wasnt just her but nice try...

Wonder if any of these players were part of the Citrus Bowl team...

Wonder if any of these players were part of the Citrus Bowl team...
Are you saying maybe we won that game???? Still one of my all time favorite gopher plays - Maxx hurdling the defenders for the TD.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Are you saying maybe we won that game???? Still one of my all time favorite gopher plays - Maxx hurdling the defenders for the TD.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

They'd have to vacate it...just sayin'. That was a great play By Maxx.

ML had a nice game. My memory from that game was Berkley Edwards dropping that long pass from Mitch with 50 yards of nothing in front of him. He would have ran right to the corner where I was standing. TD would have put Gophs up 24-19 I think and MIZZOU had that long TD run the next possession that turned the game.

They'd have to vacate it...just sayin'. That was a great play By Maxx.

ML had a nice game. My memory from that game was Berkley Edwards dropping that long pass from Mitch with 50 yards of nothing in front of him. He would have ran right to the corner where I was standing. TD would have put Gophs up 24-19 I think and MIZZOU had that long TD run the next possession that turned the game.

Just for fun here's the Maxx catch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPTSH8QXExc

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lPTSH8QXExc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I do.

Not factually accurate at all.

I wonder if Kelly Bryant will move on from Missouri? I’d guess he could and should get a waiver to do so

I do.

Not a professor. She was a tutor.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sounds like it's going to be open season on Mizzou seniors. Anyone see Harbaugh lately?

Just for fun here's the Maxx catch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPTSH8QXExc

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lPTSH8QXExc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks for posting. I never get tired of watching that play.

Two things I noticed watching it this time (above and beyond Maxx's amazing athleticism):

1) Great block by Cobb to pick up the blitzer and keep the pocket clean for Mitch.

2) The throw was perfect*, right on the button.

* Alas, not a spiral.

Thanks for posting. I never get tired of watching that play.

Two things I noticed watching it this time (above and beyond Maxx's amazing athleticism):

1) Great block by Cobb to pick up the blitzer and keep the pocket clean for Mitch.

2) The throw was perfect*, right on the button.

* Alas, not a spiral.

I'll add this...

3) With that completion ML was 13 of 14.

DyWPANaU8AA3eh6.jpg

It was more than just Willingham(sp?). The department set up more than 200 classes under the program and was complicit in its organization and offerings. I guess you could argue that the athletic department didnt know about it but that would be hopelessly naive.

The athletic dept didn't direct the Afro-American studies dept to do any of that, and never knew about it until recently. That's what the NCAA said. I don't care if you don't believe them (the NCAA or UNC).

I was just explaining the obvious difference between the UNC case and this one. I don't care if you (and others) don't believe it, or want to believe the NCAA cheated the system to protect one of its prized assets, or whatever you want. Just offered the explanation, you can take it or leave it.

Couple this with the recently reported Kansas player who is being made ineligible the rest of this season and next season .......

I was never in this camp before ...... but now I'm really starting to wonder and come around to the idea that the P5 might just start exploring the thought of leaving the NCAA and forming their own association.

The thing that might really tip it is if they have to pay players. Would be a lot easier to set up that type of thing with fewer schools. And the NCAA then might have a legit argument to make, something along the lines of "look, all the schools who actually have the revenue to pay players just left. This isn't on us anymore, talk to them".

Top Bottom