Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Give me a break. It's a B1G job in a major city. And the only D-1 school in the state. They finally have facilities that don't suck. They can get a decent coach. They just have to make the right choice.
    Exactly! This has been and continues to be a sleeping giant.

Quote Originally Posted by scools12 View Post
    Looks like Pitino will need to figure out how to win 4 out of the last 7.

If they only win 3 they probably need at least 2 wins in the B1G Tourney.

Either way I donít see it happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    9 wins pre-BTT should put them on the bubble, but the devil is in the details, especially the way NET computes their thing. Win one more than that total - including in the BTT - and there'll be a lot less drama in this.

At the end of the day, they can't play as bad as they played today. That was discouraging and embarrassing. Nebraska will kill us and pick our carcass clean if we go into Lincoln with this kind of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    I thought we were 10th- it turns out that we were 12th in both the coaches and the AP poll when we were 7-0. Same in USA Today. I wasn't trying to revise history-I'd say 12th is pretty close...but my bad.
    Itís misleading though. Putting it that way implies that we only dropped out of the rankings after the injuries/suspension.

We were unranked when Lynchís suspension came about.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzle22 View Post
    It’s misleading though. Putting it that way implies that we only dropped out of the rankings after the injuries/suspension.

We were unranked when Lynch’s suspension came about.
    Fair enough- not intended but fair comment. Once again, I will say that it is almost certain that the team knew about a month prior to Lynch's suspension that there was an investigation and I have to believe that it affected them considering they already were short Curry. I have no idea what we were ranked, if we were, when Lynch played his last game but I know that we were 13-3. Not bad.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bizzle22 View Post
    It’s misleading though. Putting it that way implies that we only dropped out of the rankings after the injuries/suspension.

We were unranked when Lynch’s suspension came about.
    +1. I suppose it's possible that the team learned of Lynch's situation around the same time, but what happened in the 5-on-3 in the Alabama game really seemed to effect them. They did not play well after that, even though they beat the cupcakes they were supposed to. We weren't ranked when Lynch went out and we weren't headed for a top 3 finish or anything.

To be honest I don’t see the Gophers winning another game this year in the Big Ten. I hope I am wrong but after watching today’s beat down not sure who it would be. But then I had to go shopping (someone had to drive) so I am in a fowl mood.

Hire Robb Smith and then fire Robb Smith. It's the only solution I see in all this. (Apologies if it has already been suggested.)
    Dux Servus

Quote Originally Posted by Pete smith View Post
    To be honest I donít see the Gophers winning another game this year in the Big Ten. I hope I am wrong but after watching todayís beat down not sure who it would be. But then I had to go shopping (someone had to drive) so I am in a fowl mood.
    Wow. Pretty hot take

Just beat Nebraska. They certainly are capable of it.
    Dux Servus

To be honest I don’t see the Gophers winning another game this year in the Big Ten. I hope I am wrong but after watching today’s beat down not sure who it would be. But then I had to go shopping (someone had to drive) so I am in a fowl mood.
    I see them winning several more. Just beat Nebraska.

To be honest I donít see the Gophers winning another game this year in the Big Ten. I hope I am wrong but after watching todayís beat down not sure who it would be. But then I had to go shopping (someone had to drive) so I am in a fowl mood.
    I, on the the other hand, am in a foul mood.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodasGold View Post
    I, on the the other hand, am in a foul mood.
    I’m hungry for some tainted chicken. I’m in a foul fowl mood.

I'd be pretty surprised if they didn't win another game. Actually, I'd be mildly surprised if they didn't win two. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't win more than two. Nebraska is having a tougher time than us. Northwestern has one good player and a few fair players. Rutgers is probably close to 50/50 and Indiana is winnable. They have four decent shots left.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Give me a break. It's a B1G job in a major city. And the only D-1 school in the state. They finally have facilities that don't suck. They can get a decent coach. They just have to make the right choice.
    Sleeping giant?

For the most part the "giants" in the NCAA have already been decided. Duke, Kentucky, etc that have built up their reputation over decades are the "giants" and that will most likely never change. The Gophers will never reach that level.

We could become a good destination but a "giant"? Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherCountry View Post
    If your an assistant coach or even the HC , how do you not show Coffey tape of a left hander dribbling right (especially catching a ball by jump stopping with the ability to go either hand) and show Murphy how to shoot a jump shot over 3 years and 4 years respectively? Ridiculous.
    You really think they haven't?

Just because you speak it on a message board doesn't mean every player can develop the skills. For all we know Murphy could be taking thousands of shots every day. Maybe Coffey just isn't capable of doing what you think he can do.