Littyville coach to Temple...Lovie has 3 vacancies

I cannot imagine that the Lovie Smith era is gong to end well. They never should have fired the Zooker. He was a bad CFB fit all around, but if i were him I'd take the cash and grind it out till the end. Herman Edwards on the other hand was a great fit at ASU.

Zook was sort of odd, but he could recruit and relate to the players in a Brewster like way, but he did know the X/O side of things. He might have been sort of old, but he had a lot i the tank.

Last edited:

I cannot imagine that the Lovie Smith era is gong to end well. They never should have fired the Zooker. He was a bad CFB fit all around, but if i were him I'd take the cash and grind it out till the end. Herman Edwards on the other hand was a great fit at ASU.

Zook was sort of odd, but he could recruit and relate to the players in a Brewster like way, but he did know the X/O side of things. He might have been sort of old, but he had a lot i the tank.

I can't imagine any coach at Illinois ends well.

In fact I can't imagine most coaches in CFB end well....

Coaching rarely ends well. How many modern coaches do you know that get to ride off into the sunset? I'm gonna guess Bill Belichick will be one. Depending on what you believe, Urban Meyer could be another.

But when they get fired they laugh all the way to the bank with their millions of dollars.

No coach at Minnesota has survived the job and ever been a head coach again since Lou Holtz. Before that you have to go back to Fritz Crisler in 1931. We're the end of the line for careers, better or worse.

Last edited:

No coach at Minnesota has survived the job and ever been a head coach again since Lou Holtz. Before that you have to go back to Fritz Crisler in 1931. We're the end of the line for careers, better or worse.

That is harsh!

I think Claeys could be an HC again if he wanted it, but might be content as a DC.

Top Bottom