***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
Baby it's cold outside, but it will be rocking in The Barn tonight!!!!!!!! The die-hards will be on hand to cheer on the Gophers, get our second straight Big Ten home win and begin to assert ourselves into the top half of the conference. We have revenge on our mind tonight after the nonsense we saw at Illinois. Jump on them early and often and let's take care of business quickly.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gopher keys to Victory!

1. Come out with energy! - like a puppy in fresh snow
2. Solve the zone - Offense needs to pass the ball around like a Gopher fan looking for wind shelter between their car and William's front door!
3. Rebound - no second chance points allowed!

and most importantly

4. Make your freaking free throws!

GO GOPHERS!

Any word on Oturu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any word on Oturu?

You know that's a game time decision! Maybe even a tip-off decision. Although you will probably know at warm-ups.

My key to the game: come out of the gates with energy on defense and force Illinois to take tough shots.

Last time out Illinois started the game 6-8 from 3 pt land, we had one rebound 10 minutes into the game, and all turnovers seemed like they were dead ball. The gophers thrives on uptempo and that starts on the defensive end.

The game was practically over before the gophers could find any tempo.

make free throws!
create your own energy as the crowd is going to be small!
ball movement like we seen against iowa!
make free throws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone got tickets going unused? I’m having an internal debate about driving in for the game.

If anyone is looking to offload 2, 3 or 4 tickets for the game, let me know.

Such a terrible matchup for the gophers. I hope we can keep it within 10 tonight. To quick for us, they double the post entry, over play wings, up in your shorts on ball handlers. So this takes away your 2 best players.

I thought mine were claimned by a friend, but no more. I have 2, upper level, front row, behind the gopher bench.
EDIT: Free to a Gopher fan

I'd like to see the Gophers try a back cut against the Illinois pressure. Ideally come out and play a 1-4 high. Hard to double the bigs and if the wings help either open 3s or back cut for a possible layup. Seems like if they want to over play, we should exploit that.

One advantage is that the film will show Illinois very little because of how dominant they were.

Lou Henson will not be sporting the "Lou Doo" tonight and most certainly won't be coaching Efrem Winters, Eddie Johnson, or Andy Kaufmann. Gophers exact revenge from their recent road drubbing at Illinois, and prevail by 9 in front of a sparse Williams Arena crowd.

Capture loose balls and rebounds, stop waiting for someone else to get it.

Las Vegas line....MN -6 .............o/u 149

Happy to say I had 3 requests for our tickets and just handed them off to a fan.

Is Oturu’s shoulder problem with the same one that troubled him earlier?

For anyone thats coming tonight, they're allowing parking in the maroon lot for $10.

We better see the Gophers coming out hungry and setting the tone early. If they lose this one after their hard fought win against Iowa then....

1 minute left Rutgers ahead of IU by 8

Jordan will play well tonight - if Amir does as well, Gophers by 15.

Top Bottom