***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

OK, well this is light years better than the last game. Given some of the lineups we had out there at times, -2 at half isn't so bad. This game certainly is winnable although it may not be a very "efficient" win.

Isn’t any win at this point of the season efficient?

46 first half points by Iowa on Sunday and 39 by the Illini tonight. Gotta get this defense tightened up.

Does Pitiino ever give a high five or pat on the back when one of his players nails a good shot or does a good job?

Isn’t any win at this point of the season efficient?

Just throwing around the word "efficient." It's a favorite word for the quantitative metrics fans. Unfortunately, it's also part of the reason that we're not ranked higher by those metrics.

My only real qualm is the offensive boards we’ve given up.

Early in the game the Gophers had a couple of nice back-cuts for baskets by Gabe and McBreyer. They need to do more of that. Illinois does not have a rim protector, and over-plays everything. The easiest way to beat that is just keep backdooring them until they give you room to run your offense.

Gabe has a little trouble with the speed of the Illini. Hard to get him open.

Illinois overplays everything and the pressure gives us fits because of our ball handling issues. Agreed that some backdoor cuts should be available. Lucky to only be down 2 at this point.

I wonder if Stephen Bardo got really drunk if he would have a better idea of what is going in the game? I know he couldn't have less, but I do wonder if it would be about the same?

Frazier shoves on offense, no call. Murphy gets shoved on D, no call. Ball blatantly off Illinois, Illinois ball. So much for home cooking.

Does anyone else scream "GRAB THE DAMN BALL!" at their TV like I do?

This game could get out of hand if we keep playing at this pace.

Wow. Sloppy. On both sides.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Can't shoot the three. Can't shoot free throws. This can be a frustrating team to watch at times.

Big possession. Really need a good look out of timeout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illinois overplays everything and the pressure gives us fits because of our ball handling issues. Agreed that some backdoor cuts should be available. Lucky to only be down 2 at this point.
Shot fakes...pass fakes..back door cuts

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

As hoopsguy said- this is a tough matchup for us.

This has the feeling of one of those games we’re constantly clawing just to keep even, and every time we tie it they’ll pull ahead again. I don’t feel a run coming on.

Top Bottom