***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

You think they should’ve saved a timeout down 13 with 5 minutes left and not call it to change strategy to try to win the game?

Yeah...outside of a guy getting trapped in the corner, why do they need to save a timeout?

Hope they win by as many as possible.
Net ranking takes into account every possession.

Even if we were up 50, the next possession could be a one spot difference in net ranking

Which is silly in my opinion, but someone does think it's a good idea, I guess.

Howie Schwab is still assuming the Gophers will lose the majority of their remaining games.

Someone steal the refs whistles.

And here we go, letting them back within 10. The fact that this matters is so ridiculous.

Ridiculous that they're forced to keep the starters in here.

He was working off clock. I don't agree with that shot he just took but Murphy invited him to do it.

No one else is getting open either. He’s trying to pass but he can’t.

So we cost ourselves in the NET in these last sloppy seconds. Pathetic.

You think they should’ve saved a timeout down 13 with 5 minutes left and not call it to change strategy to try to win the game?
Do you not want to warm yourself by the flames of outrage of our opponents?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bricks at the line -- no wonder we have trouble closing out games.

Calling it now: Whistles will be swallowed and they will let them play physical in the first half. Second half, at least one team (probably not us) will be in the double bonus by the 12 minute mark

12 fouls in the first half, 29 and counting in the second

He was working off clock. I don't agree with that shot he just took but Murphy invited him to do it.

You can run clock and still run the offense. This is 23 seconds of dribbling followed by a prayer. He can do better.

Good thing McBrayer made that last basket for our NET ranking.

Bricks at the line -- no wonder we have trouble closing out games.
This might be why Illinois would have be more prudent with calling timeouts.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So we cost ourselves in the NET in these last sloppy seconds. Pathetic.

Nope. An 11 point win is as good as a 30 point win. But a 9 point win is a sin. The guy who came up with this is a genius.

I hope the NCAA is ready for some ugly incidents where bubble teams are running up the score and a frustrated outmatched team doesn't like getting beat up on with a couple minutes left. I just hope the right people are assigned the blame when this inevitably happens.

What a ridiculous rule that a 10 point margin counts as a better W for ranking.

I like that the commentators made it a point to mention how ridiculous the NET rankings are as well.

Top Bottom