***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

So if we beat them by over 10 points....how many spots do we drop in the NET rankings?

Eric Curry is pretty good at those quick passes in the post

De La Rosa has been playing dangerously the entire game. Only a matter of time

Beautiful D by Kalscheur...he is very savvy for a freshman.

How about the other way around? Imagine how frustrated the Illini fans must be with their young team. Lots of stupid mistakes. Time to rub their faces in it and put them away now!

As soon as I typed "they can't shoot the three", I think the Gophs made 4 in a row. That shows me :)

Yeah, Illini making a few more mistakes this half...thank goodness.

Hitting Curry at the high post should open up some passes to the baseline. That works against zone or man to man defenses. If they drop off, Curry has a 12 footer.

I heard that De la Rosa. You might get charcoal for Christmas this year...

Might have been some home cooking there.

They are in the world of Hurt now.
*Tweet!*
2f8afa4e45420f2e2f509a18235d7a94.gif

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Might have been some home cooking there.

The refs call that a charge more often than not but I think calling it on the defense is the correct call. Offensive guy is already starting to jump and the defender slides over.

Great work by Murphy tipping that rebound so Oturu could get it and score.
Nowa good IW dribble possession.

Come on refs. The last 5 minutes are going to take half an hour at this pace.

So if we beat them by over 10 points....how many spots do we drop in the NET rankings?

Well margin of victory is capped at 10, but Offensice and Defensice efficiency are not capped. So people keep saying 10, but honestly you need to win every game by as much as you can.

Dang. Curry wasn't scoring much, but he was playing well on both ends of the floor.

Nice take by Curry....then foul out

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The refs call that a charge more often than not but I think calling it on the defense is the correct call. Offensive guy is already starting to jump and the defender slides over.

Even if it should’ve been a charge by rule, it shouldn’t have been a charge if you care about basketball.

Illinois takes their final time out with 5:36 left? The flames of outrage on the Illinois message boards should keep us warm.

It's strange that I find myself hoping they not only win,but that they win by 10 or more. In the NET rankings, a win is not necessarily a win, and a loss is not necessarily a loss.

Illinois takes their final time out with 5:36 left? The flames of outrage on the Illinous message boards should keep us warm.

You think they should’ve saved a timeout down 13 with 5 minutes left and not call it to change strategy to try to win the game?

It's strange that I find myself hoping they not only win,but that they win by 10 or more. In the NET rankings, a win is not necessarily a win, and a loss is not necessarily a loss.

Hope they win by as many as possible.
Net ranking takes into account every possession.

Even if we were up 50, the next possession could be a one spot difference in net ranking

Top Bottom