P. J. Fleck and Seth Green

Would have never worked without much better starting QB play, which we got in 2018. Without that better play, people would be bitching about “those stupid Seth Green plays”.

I hope not. Any pass to AJ Barker would be out of bounds.

Any pass at AJ's mom would be out of bounds.

Would have never worked without much better starting QB play, which we got in 2018. Without that better play, people would be bitching about “those stupid Seth Green plays”.

I hope not. Any pass to AJ Barker would be out of bounds.

The receivers and offensive line were terrible along with the QBs. Green could have helped at WR. And, per the bolded you’re in a dead heat with Mulligan as the most consistent negative person portraying a positive person on this board.

The receivers and offensive line were terrible along with the QBs. Green could have helped at WR. And, per the bolded you’re in a dead heat with Mulligan as the most consistent negative person portraying a positive person on this board.

PE will rush to defend Demry’s honor the rest of his life. Proceed with caution when calling out the terrible QB play in 2017.

PE will rush to defend Demry’s honor the rest of his life. Proceed with caution when calling out the terrible QB play in 2017.

It’s almost like some of you don’t watch the games if you’re blaming the appalling offense solely on the QB. Yes, calling him terrible is “rushing to his honor”. Any QB can be better with decent protection and receivers that can a) get open and b) catch the ball. None of those things happened and the result was truly awful.

Green would not help at WR. Not one bit. He isn’t one. Green is a wildcat QB. Gimme the negative posts that involve current players and coaches. Go.

Negative is bolded so you can see it as a consistently blind “fan”.

Last edited:

I still think Green could be a viable starting full time QB, just not in the offense that KC and PJF want to run. Green can pass the ball when needed, but I saw our current starting QB do things that impressed me greatly this year.

If I had a choice between last year's QBs (year zero)and Green, I would have put Green out there

Our current Kentucky bred QB is for now the man and he did earn it. The deep throws to Bateman and T. Johnson as well as the slants were pretty much perfect, and the poise he showed at Camp Randall should be remembered.

Last edited:

What I love about “The Green Line” is that he always seems to fall forward, thus gaining a few extra yards. Kind of reminds me of watching David Cobb in that regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It helps that he is taller than everyone and on short yardage everyone is trying to stick everyone low.

Green would not help at WR. Not one bit. He isn’t one. Green is a wildcat QB. Gimme the negative posts that involve current players and coaches. Go.

Negative is bolded so you can see it as a consistently blind “fan”.

It’s very arguable whether the guys out there, outside of TJ, were legitimate FBS receivers either. Converted QBs, basketball players, baseball players, and now a defensive back IIRC.

It’s very arguable whether the guys out there, outside of TJ, were legitimate FBS receivers either. Converted QBs, basketball players, baseball players, and now a defensive back IIRC.

The irony with you is rich. In one thread you're talking up the previous staff and how good they were and how they overachieved. In this thread your making the argument that they didn't have legitimate P5 receivers or o-linemen to defend your bff Demry. You might talk out both sides of your mouth more than anyone on this board...

The irony with you is rich. In one thread you're talking up the previous staff and how good they were and how they overachieved. In this thread your making the argument that they didn't have legitimate P5 receivers or o-linemen to defend your bff Demry. You might talk out both sides of your mouth more than anyone on this board...

Well, not really. The previous staff was competent at defense and average to below average at offense. They did overachieve relative to what they had. Obviously we’d have liked Kill to have stayed healthy and continue to build on recruiting. It’s arguable whether improvement would have happened on the offensive side considering his loyalty to some of the staff.

I’m not blind to reality, like DC not being the sole problem, or making things up like PJ already overachieving.

The value of Green to the team is incalcuable. Everything from his attitude to his physical style of play--it shapes the character of the entire team.

Invaluable!

The value of Green to the team is incalcuable. Everything from his attitude to his physical style of play--it shapes the character of the entire team.

Invaluable!

He’s a stud. I got to the point I would develop some anger if Green wasn’t run out there on short yardage. I recall Green getting stuffed for a loss twice. There was also the infamous third down spot fiasco that they still couldn’t get right on review.

No kidding. I'm pissed about this every day, and that Claeys didn't find a way to use him in 2016.

You're pissed that Claeys didn't burn his redshirt in a season when we had a 5th-year starting QB?

Wasn’t he redshirted that year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes - but why shouldn't he have played and been used in the wildcat? With as effective of a runner as he is and with all the punishment Mitch took that season, it certainly would have helped. It may have even been the difference in a few close games. I think Claeys may have left a few wins on the table by not using him properly.

Then again, Seth may not have been ready in 2016. Or 2017 for that matter.

Last edited:

yes - but why shouldn't he have played and been used in the wildcat? With as effective of a runner as he is and with all the punishment Mitch took that season, it certainly would have helped. It may have even been the difference in a few close games. I think Claeys may have left a few wins on the table by not using him properly.

Then again, Seth may not have been ready in 2016. Or 2017 for that matter.

As an every down QB, I think Green may have looked a lot like Leidner did-so maybe wouldn't have augmented the 2016 offense much. I like that it's part of the current offense, but not the only part.

As an every down QB, I think Green may have looked a lot like Leidner did-so maybe wouldn't have augmented the 2016 offense much. I like that it's part of the current offense, but not the only part.

JG red herring. The intent was always to red shirt Green in 2016.

Top Bottom