MN Daily: Marcus Carr still working hard despite sitting out season

If I'm remembering right, Gorgui actually made this claim. Pitino may have said the same thing, but I'm pretty sure Gorgui said it too.

As I think about it, Konate wasn't that terrible as a freshman. The problem was that never got any better and he may actually have gotten worse.

As I think about it, Konate wasn't that terrible as a freshman. The problem was that never got any better and he may actually have gotten worse.

BK couldn’t catch. Crucial part of basketball.

BK couldn’t catch. Crucial part of basketball.

Hands of stone and very weak lower body strength (hard to believe a guy that cut in the shoulders could have such spindly legs). That’s a bad combo for a post. I think he led the team in knocking rebounds away from his own teammates and surely led in illegal screens.

I think Pitino was taking the word of others when he took BK and Diedhou. Pitino himself has proven to be a pretty good judger of talent.

Last edited:

As I think about it, Konate wasn't that terrible as a freshman.

He wasn’t good, but he made a play every once in a while and we assumed that would become the norm as he improved. He never really improved, was the same foul machine and ball flubber as a senior as he was as a freshman.

Hypothetical here: Washington continues to improve and shows he should be getting big minutes next year. Could Carr play some 2-guard?

Carr is a 2 guard that is being slotted into the PG position, in the pre-season intra squad scrimmage he mostly played off ball and occasionally depending on the rotation played PG.

Anyone really watch Carr at length during his freshman season? How well did he handle the ball? Pass? See the floor? My reference is the scrimmage game at the beginning of this season. He looked great handling the ball and scoring (both shooting and driving), but that is a rediculously small sample size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carr is a 2 guard that is being slotted into the PG position, in the pre-season intra squad scrimmage he mostly played off ball and occasionally depending on the rotation played PG.

He played almost exclusively PG for Pitt, but I agree he can surely play both.

Thanks. I don't think I've seen him play so wasn't sure.

He played almost exclusively PG for Pitt, but I agree he can surely play both.

Carr is a rare "combo" guard. I know many players are given this distinction but he really can play both. He sees the floor and distributes well. He can handle and shoot well. He has great awareness.

He plays very calmly and is trustworthy in tight spots. He would have helped this years team immensely

Carr is a rare "combo" guard. I know many players are given this distinction but he really can play both. He sees the floor and distributes well. He can handle and shoot well. He has great awareness.

He plays very calmly and is trustworthy in tight spots. He would have helped this years team immensely

So, your saying he's a lot like Bobby Jackson!

Not doubting you, but did you watch a lot of his games at Pitt? Or what is this based on?

Not doubting you, but did you watch a lot of his games at Pitt? Or what is this based on?

I watched him play last year 2x in person. One in particular vs Syracuse at home. He ran the show, didnt make bad mistakes, didnt put into bad situations. Very calm presence.

I watched him play last year 2x in person. One in particular vs Syracuse at home. He ran the show, didnt make bad mistakes, didnt put into bad situations. Very calm presence.

Don't mean this as a negative toward either player, but he sounds like an anti - Isaiah Washington

Don't mean this as a negative toward either player, but he sounds like an anti - Isaiah Washington

You're saying IW makes bad mistake, puts the team in bad situations, and isn't a calm presence, yet that isn't meant as a negative?

You're saying IW makes bad mistake, puts the team in bad situations, and isn't a calm presence, yet that isn't meant as a negative?

He makes positive bad mistake, puts the team in positive bad situations and isn't a calm positive presence...or something!

Top Bottom