Congrats to Conner Olson for winning “Nekton of the Week”

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

You obviously weren't around last Winter/Spring.

No I was.

No starters did that, so no one cared. If no one does it this spring, no one will care again.

All it will take is a lost season by a starting lineman, and that S&C will be fired. Do I think it is pretty stupid to risk your job and possibly career on that? Yes, but that is up to him.

No I was.

No starters did that, so no one cared. If no one does it this spring, no one will care again.

All it will take is a lost season by a starting lineman, and that S&C will be fired. Do I think it is pretty stupid to risk your job and possibly career on that? Yes, but that is up to him.

It's called competition. Nothing wrong with it outside of the season.
Every year, even prior to PJ, they would do competition type things in the off season to get the players competing while also working on their S&C. It breaks up the monotony of lifting and running. All programs do those types of things. I would bet that there have been some players who have even been injured during the off season. Yet the S&C guys don't get fired over them, unless they were negligent and forcing players to do things they weren't capable of doing or pushing them beyond their limits or their name was Chris Doyle.
Shannon Brooks had a knee injury last year during a workout, yet you weren't on here saying anything about it or that the S&C guys should be fired. Why not?

It's called competition. Nothing wrong with it outside of the season.
Every year, even prior to PJ, they would do competition type things in the off season to get the players competing while also working on their S&C. It breaks up the monotony of lifting and running. All programs do those types of things. I would bet that there have been some players who have even been injured during the off season. Yet the S&C guys don't get fired over them, unless they were negligent and forcing players to do things they weren't capable of doing or pushing them beyond their limits or their name was Chris Doyle.
Shannon Brooks had a knee injury last year during a workout, yet you weren't on here saying anything about it or that the S&C guys should be fired. Why not?

I like the competitions, agree it is a good way to break up the monotony.

Things like who can push a sled the fastest, tug of war, flipping tires ..... at least those are athletic movements, and relatable to the game of football.

Arm wrestling???? Has 0.0 percent relateability to football, and is injury prone. Very stupid. But hey, lots of stupid people survive long enough to have kids. Happens every day.

Arm wrestling???? Has 0.0 percent relateability to football, and is injury prone. Very stupid. But hey, lots of stupid people survive long enough to have kids. Happens every day.

Gophers are going to be an excellent holding team. Umpires will marvel at our jersey grabbing strength.

Gophers are going to be an excellent holding team. Umpires will marvel at our jersey grabbing strength.

Yeah but grip strength alone can be tested and/or developed by quite a number of different things, all of which are 100% more relatable to football movements than arm wrestling.

Who was the GH Nekton of the week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep tuning in hoping they are going to set one of these clips to "Baby Shark"

Top Bottom