Dunking in Warmups

Gopherholefan

Reaction score
Was at the game on Sunday and couldn’t believe that both teams were dunking during warmups. I noticed this in the last three minutes of warmups when the gophers came back up on the floor and both teams were doing their layup lines. Multiple Hawkeyes were dunking and Omersa for sure from the gophers did a couple times. During this time the refs were on the floor shaking hands with the coaches. Anyone else notice this? I thought you were assessed a technical foul for dunking before the game started for fear of breaking a backboard.

Was at the game on Sunday and couldn’t believe that both teams were dunking during warmups. I noticed this in the last three minutes of warmups when the gophers came back up on the floor and both teams were doing their layup lines. Multiple Hawkeyes were dunking and Omersa for sure from the gophers did a couple times. During this time the refs were on the floor shaking hands with the coaches. Anyone else notice this? I thought you were assessed a technical foul for dunking before the game started for fear of breaking a backboard.

That rule changed a couple years ago

I'm glad this wasn't a "I hate that they are dunking during warmups" thread

I think the TV advertisement industry got it changed. They hope for a broken board. 27 minutes of extra commercials.

I thought it was a requirement during their dunkin' donuts advertisement. Or maybe it's their new Case IH Dunk Zone minute.

Or Surly Brewing may require dunking during their Schadenfreude Munich Dunkel lager style beer spot. :p:p

Top Bottom