Page 107 of 132 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1977

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    No. Both play the less fortunate off each other as proxy's.
    Nope. False equivalency.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jamiche View Post
    Nope. False equivalency.

Nope. Correct equivalency.

Quote Originally Posted by cncmin View Post
    Sounds like you are calling S2 a liar. Mean.
    Maybe I’ve been too demanding. Let’s see if our deuce can find one post to back up his claim.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    Huh? So what? That doesn’t mean that speech and money are equivalent and should be treated the same using some twisted interpretation of the first amendment. Speaking doesn’t cost one cent. That is what is protected. Not paying for someone else to speak or whatever the hell “logic” you are trying to apply. No offense.
    Lobbying is free speech. It costs a lot to lobby and every organization uses it, unions, corporations, industry associations, Green groups, feminist groups, marijuana advocates, and lots lots more. These entities also fund the election campaigns of politicians that support their cause, which is also a form of free speech.

Do you deny that? Free speech isn’t always free. In politics, it usually has significant costs. There’s nothing “twisted” about it.

Given the frequency of deuce's posts, I think three hours is long enough for him to find three posts from late 2016 from people who claimed to be unfamiliar with Trump. Three posts is a lot less than "a ton."
    Why is it you think that I am the one who made the claim and not you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is kind of amusing. The only one of the fellas who admits to voting for Trump is Humble Beggar. (The only thing he isn't slippery about.) The rest claim to have not known much about him and didn't vote for him.
    Jammer, let me introduce you to YOUR claim that you’ve been waiting hours for me to prove. You have a stroke?

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    Lobbying is free speech. It costs a lot to lobby and every organization uses it, unions, corporations, industry associations, Green groups, feminist groups, marijuana advocates, and lots lots more. These entities also fund the election campaigns of politicians that support their cause, which is also a form of free speech.

Do you deny that? Free speech isn’t always free. In politics, it usually has significant costs. There’s nothing “twisted” about it.
    Simplest way to state it: newspapers cost money.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Jammer, let me introduce you to YOUR claim that you’ve been waiting hours for me to prove. You have a stroke?

Sarcasm, deuce. The fellas gobbled up every poisonous word that fell out of his mouth and you all voted for him. I've been laughing at your pretend world for a couple years.

Find us a post to back up your claim.

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    Nope. Correct equivalency.
    Jammer, wirh dreams of grandeur about his Democrat party

Quote Originally Posted by bottlebass View Post
    YOu need to get different people in there that can change it before the corruption gets to them. It will never change with the corrupt in there.
    You make that sound so simple. First off, many of these people are corrupt by nature & that's what draws them into politics & policy. The money & the power. Secondly, these different people you mention have to get elected/appointed/hired. In order to do that, they almost universally have to join one of the two major parties & take money from special interests. By the time they get into office, they're already beholden to the special interests of their party & the corporate/union/planned parenthood/NRA/CoC/billionaire money that got them there. If they're named to a post, then they're beholden to the interests of the person that put them there. Then they get to DC where the lobbyists, foreign & domestic, dictate virtually every bill & law that gets voted on. Then you get into the revolving door of government regulation/industry they regulate. These regulatory agencies look to the industry's they're regulating to hire people that understand the issues & know all the players. They come in tainted. Then you have the carrot of cushy industry jobs/BOD positions after they leave the agency they work for. It's so corrupt, so ingrained, all the way down to the type of people who want to do this work, that reform seems impossible. Certainly not realistic in a short period of time.
    If at first you don’t succeed, then maybe you just suck. – Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    Everything is fine and dandy in our federal government, yet you've been going non stop on Russia gate corruption
    Wait, are you a Spygate denier?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    Jammer, wirh dreams of grandeur about his Democrat party
    No dreams of grandeur at all. As I've said frequently, the dems stumble and bumble, they don't understand the raw use of power and they are weak on the synchronicity of messaging. However, at least they try to do what's best for the 99%.

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    You are a Republican. I've been on this board for 12 years, and everything you espouse is 95% or more in lockstep with the Republican platform. You call the Democrats evil, stupid, Anti-American, etc. and toss lame softball criticisms at Republicans. You're not unique or special - you're a run of the mill regressive.
    You don't get to tell me what I am, or how I should Identify. I am not a Republican and saying I am, makes you a liar. You can say I'm a conservative, I wouldn't argue with that. Obviously my positions have stayed consistently liberal, but the Democratic party has shifted so radically left, that people like myself are now labeled conservatives.

Most of my positions weren't "conservative" five years ago: I'm for secured borders. Renegotiating bad trade deals. Returning manufacturing to the US. Cutting taxes on the working & middle classes. Protecting gun rights for legal gun owners. I'm pro-choice, but not in favor of killing 3rd term or live babies. I'm in favor of equal opportunity for all (but not equal outcomes). I'm anti-war. Pro free speech. I'm in favor of being good stewards of the earth. Sadly, these reasonable, centrist positions are now considered far-right & conservative. I didn't choose that though, it was chosen for me.

Go back 12 years to 2007 & you'll find 95% of my posts slamming McCain & the GOP. Arguing ad nauseum with beeg & others, about what an entitled, inept, scum bag of a human being John McCain was. You'd also see me defending Barack Obama 5% of the time, against charges that he was a Muslim.

The Obama presidency was very eye opening for me. That's when I realized most of the Democrats I'd considered kindred spirits for 8 years under Bush, were no different than the NeoCons they professed to hate. They suddenly became silent when Obama failed to get us out of the wars we were in, attacked seven new countries that had never threatened us, re-upped the Patriot Act, spied on journalists, spied on the Senate, declared war on whistle-blowers, weaponized the IRS against his political rivals, appointed more Wall St execs to his cabinet than any POTUS in history, opened up offshore drilling, ramped up fracking, etc. That's when I realized you people didn't actually believe in any of the issues we'd shared all those years. The only thing you care about is lording power over people & constantly increasing that power. At least the NeoCons had the decency to admit who they are. It's gotten so mad, that the Democrats now openly embrace the NeoCons & the corporations. John McCain, Mitt Romney, the Koch Bros, et al.

No dreams of grandeur at all. As I've said frequently, the dems stumble and bumble, they don't understand the raw use of power and they are weak on the synchronicity of messaging. However, at least they try to do what's best for the 99%.
    wtf?

No, they don't. Open borders, higher taxes, less jobs, lower wages, higher health care costs, bad trade deals, censorship, domestic spying & non-stop wars are not good for the 99%. Maybe what you meant to say the D's are looking out for the 99%, of the planet? I'd probably agree with that. Meanwhile, Trump's looking out for the 99% of Americans.